Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

My point was in answer to a poster who said they would replace the roof without the addition of an additional tier Obviously this wouldn’t increase the capacity
I said there won't be a 4th , new tier. The existing tier would be increased as the corners wouldn't be tapered with a new roof so the ends could be filled in,and a few rows could be added at the back as the new roof would, like the ends be built behind the existing one.

I said there won't be a 4th , new tier. The existing tier would be increased as the corners wouldn't be tapered with a new roof so the ends could be filled in,and a few rows could be added at the back as the new roof would, like the ends be built behind the existing one.

So where do the 4, yes the plan is 4, screens go?

Don't get me wrong I like the stadium, it's a brilliant design but built for a club where a 48K capacity was good enough and not one that couldn't easily be expanded.Adding additional tiers and seat rows at the front, improving the corporate areas and now talk of a new roof all at considerable expense, more than would be normal due to the constraints I mentioned. It's like a lottery winner loving his old Focus but trying to turn it into a Bentley Bentayga

Look at Spurs new stadium and the sliding pitch, we could do the same coupled with a roof that closes it converts to a massive indoor / outdoor arena, incorporate a covered City Square and store the possibilities when starting from scratch are endless. Have a facility that could be used more than 20 times a year. We have the space on the north car park so no disruption to fixtures the owners have the finance without the team being hamstrung

Tell me you would rather a cobled up CoMS than these examples https://www.theb1m.com/video/top-5-stadium-builds-by-2020 https://www.sportsmanagementdegreeh...ally-impressive-sports-stadiums-in-the-world/

I doubt spurs have another £bill to splender the surrounding area, i think it was vincent who said when it's all done the ground will be by the by.

Don't get me wrong I like the stadium, it's a brilliant design but built for a club where a 48K capacity was good enough and not one that couldn't easily be expanded.Adding additional tiers and seat rows at the front, improving the corporate areas and now talk of a new roof all at considerable expense, more than would be normal due to the constraints I mentioned. It's like a lottery winner loving his old Focus but trying to turn it into a Bentley Bentayga

Look at Spurs new stadium and the sliding pitch, we could do the same coupled with a roof that closes it converts to a massive indoor / outdoor arena, incorporate a covered City Square and store the possibilities when starting from scratch are endless. Have a facility that could be used more than 20 times a year. We have the space on the north car park so no disruption to fixtures the owners have the finance without the team being hamstrung

Tell me you would rather a cobled up CoMS than these examples https://www.theb1m.com/video/top-5-stadium-builds-by-2020 https://www.sportsmanagementdegreeh...ally-impressive-sports-stadiums-in-the-world/
I don't think anyone wouldn't like a new state of the art stadium, but it's been decided ages ago that's not happening and there is enough that can and will be done with the existing stadium to mean the stadium will be fine,I'm sure some of the images from when the south stand was done it had the new rooves and 4 screens and given a choice between Spurs and us I'd take a refurbished stadium and our team anytime.

I think someone on here - who’s in the know said the present roof is fucked - they may have used a more eloquent term! So it maybe that the roof needs to be replaced in any case. Expect the scoreboards to stop working next season a la the old Maine Road North Stand.
I’ve read that the original roof only had a 25 year lifespan and was structured with wood.

There are leaks everywhere in it and fucking filthy water drips on hundreds of people around the stadium.

The idea is that it will not be cobbled up. It will be a fully consodered design done in stages. And the car comparison is pointless. Compare it to renovating and expanding a house. Lots move into an older one and a bit of cladding or render, some internal improvements and it looks a million times better.

The idea is that it will not be cobbled up. It will be a fully consodered design done in stages. And the car comparison is pointless. Compare it to renovating and expanding a house. Lots move into an older one and a bit of cladding or render, some internal improvements and it looks a million times better.
Well the SS wasn’t a good start

Don't get me wrong if the club chose to do build their own purpose built stadium, I wouldn't object. Interestingly many of the stadia featured in the above links, like the Etihad, aren't built with potential future expansion in mind. If City were to take the radical step of building their own stadium they'd have to build something akin to holding 70-80000 so it is future proofed for generations to come.

Don't get me wrong if the club chose to do build their own purpose built stadium, I wouldn't object. Interestingly many of the stadia featured in the above links, like the Etihad, aren't built with potential future expansion in mind. If City were to take the radical step of building their own stadium they'd have to build something akin to holding 70-80000 so it is future proofed for generations to come.
Few are built with expansion in mind I doubt Spurs would need to expand NWHL and I would expect City would never need above 70K

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.