Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

2nd interview.

Khaldoon confirms stadium is going to be expanded again.

The club have been working on it, and when everything is finalised, details of the expansion will be revealed. :-)

‘A blue wall’?

He is also very much in favour of safe standing.

Last edited:
I agree buses would be a start , but when I see comments like "forget about building railways/metro's stations, all we need are buses" I think about the logistic, Someboby said you would need about 60 buses ? Well you would also need 60 drivers , a place to park them when not in use ie a depot , with mechanics , cleaners and fuelers ! And if you think well just get Stagecoach or First bus can do , well maybe on a Sunday but any other time nearly all there fleet will be in service , Stagecoach, First or any other bus company will have 60 buses hanging around doing nothing .
But they manage it in Germany. Most stadia there have fleets of buses ready to leave after the match, and easy access to taxi ranks, and trains or trams. Even getting away from huge grounds like Hamburg and Munich which are miles from anywhere is easy (less so at Schalke) Bus lanes would be a start.

Oddly Khaldoon talked about the where. What did he mean by that? Perhaps he's thinking about configuration of the stands within the ground?

I thought it was positive that expansion is in the plans, but no details were given other than they are working on it, and when the plans are finalised it will be revealed in due course.

I was left with the impression that there is a safe standing proposition and a ground expansion proposition.

Last edited:
I don’t know anything, but.

If you remember I did say the Family Stand should be moved to Level 2, or at the front of a new much larger expanded 2nd tier.

Giving the kids a better view, and having them above the singing section so they can get an early taste of the singing section below them.

I think City are starting the process of expanding the NS

Moving the family stand to level 2, and making level 1 safe standing, when safe standing is introduced.

Like everyone else I’m really looking forward to seeing the plans for the NS expansion, and all the other things associated with it, like a revamped City Square, etc.

29-A317-C9-E645-4-DED-A32-A-5-DB1-E003-B447.png

7-C48304-A-3-BF8-4-D5-A-8-C0-A-1-BFF1383860-E.jpg

Sounds like it will be:

Lower section - safe standing
Upper lower section - Family Stand (current 2nd tier section)
Upper top section - value priced tickets (expansion area)

Trying to get my head round how they will move people around though:

- Anyone who is no longer of age for the Family Stand will have to move (confirmed).

- Anyone still in the age range will be moved into the Family Stand upper section. Any over spill will mean some have to move to other areas of the ground but perhaps with a family priced ticket deal to match the Family Stand pricing.

- Season card holders around the stadium will have first dips on the safe standing and cheaper upper section.

- This will open up plenty of other seats for the other Family Stand movers.

MEN.

He (Khaldoon) said: "You didn't ask me about safestanding so I'l pre-empt you.

"That's one of the areas that we're certainly considering.

"I'm a huge fan.

"I think it's such an important part of the game.

“I would love for us to have a safe standing area. That would be great for the fans and the players and the Etihad atmosphere."

On the issue of expanding he said: "We've been working on that for a while now.

“The expansion, how it's going to be, where it's going to be.

Obviously there are planning permits, regulatory approvals - particularly on the safestanding side - and there are commercial things that we have to consider.

"All of this is in the work including design work and at the time when we are in a position to put something together we will announce it and share it with the public.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.