Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

No doubt City wish to incorporate safe standing in plans for developing the ground.

I have been to Wembley a few times this year watching City and have never sat down apart from at half-time. All games appear the same with everyone standing. We have standing at the national stadium that is bigger than all other grounds, with steeper stands, without seating designed for standing and no problem. Those on the second tier or at the sides tend to sit but the popular sections choose to stand and no action is taken. I presume it is the same at all games at Wembley.

It is hard to comprehend why football clubs are not allowed to designate safe standing areas and install appropriate seating. This allows the choice for those who wish to stand to do so and those who prefer to sit to do so. The Etihad lends itself to Level 1 safe standing behind both goals. Much safer than Wembley. I can see it happening within a couple of years.

I’ve always thought it would be a very big development- probably not a rehash of the south stand - combined 2nd and 3rd tier... incorporates a new and better City Square, new club store and hopefully a proper museum.
Since they're moving the families into the present 2nd tier for 20/21(?) I can't really see it being one big 2nd tier, more likely it matches the south stand. Safe standing tier 1 at both ends at least would be decent.

Since they're moving the families into the present 2nd tier for 20/21(?) I can't really see it being one big 2nd tier, more likely it matches the south stand. Safe standing tier 1 at both ends at least would be decent.

It was a bigger 2nd tier when shown to the focus groups and on the online survey they did late last year.

It was a bigger 2nd tier when shown to the focus groups and on the online survey they did late last year.
It was an option on the survey, and I'd expect a popular one. I've never seen anything from the focus group since that first meeting, could have missed it but also they could have a non disclosure agreement as part of it.

Here’s how the North Stand expansion shape looked on the online survey

21721-C21-3-AFB-419-F-BA16-1585-C22-FB3-BB.png

But they manage it in Germany. Most stadia there have fleets of buses ready to leave after the match, and easy access to taxi ranks, and trains or trams. Even getting away from huge grounds like Hamburg and Munich which are miles from anywhere is easy (less so at Schalke) Bus lanes would be a start.
I agree but Germany spend the money and sort problems like that out and build stations and the like at the stadiums. Also look at the idea of free local travel with your tickets !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.