Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Apols if this has already been posted:

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/...s-city-football-group-proposed-arena-project/

OVG arena in Texas:

arena.1545339019.jpg

100 events a year? Is the aim to take the gigs that the MEN has?

Not sure. Apparently the stadium concerts, while they make us about £1m per performer, they believe there are a lot of shows we can pitch for such as WWE and NBA basketball.

We will also have the cash to pay the big site fees for boxing and gaming conventions.

Not just traditional music concerts is the thinking.

OVG’s arena design’s seem to be minimal and understated.

Did a bit more digging about Oak View.

A couple of years old, and updated, but a good read about Oak View.

Whether the article is still relevant now is anyone’s guess?

With lessons learned, Oak View Group’s Tim Leiweke is doing it his way
Originally published November 3, 2017 at 7:00 am Updated September 12, 2018 at 6:10 pm

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...arena-groups-tim-leiweke-is-doing-it-his-way/

Seattle Center Arena renovation project.

Representatives from OVG including NHL Seattle CEO Tod Leiweke, as well as the Council’s own staff, provided an update on the design of the new arena and shared some pictures of the ongoing demolition. Currently the construction team employs 120 people on site, who are busy gutting the interior in preparation for digging down an additional 15 feet. Between that and adding a new atrium on the south side of the building, OVG expects to nearly double the square footage of the facility.

F6-B8-A3-DB-9-A1-C-4916-AE25-DB03-F882-AF86.jpg

2-C8-E5-C2-C-70-B2-425-F-8356-C0-A04-D3-D5-D75.jpg

A92-B2-AA2-B6-C1-4968-B521-43-BD4-D1-DE039.jpg

https://sccinsight.com/2019/05/20/council-gets-update-on-key-arena-renovation-project/

No doubt it is. But im a punter and i couldn't care less about that side of things. At least getting there is easy. Getting to the Etihad is a significantly bigger ball ache. Transport is woeful. They best sort it out if this happens.
Thats all so true, but it's also another side to it, theres a bit of a war going on between SPG/AEG and OVG/Live Nation and we're backing the later.

It will be City's Arena.

Bought and paid for by us.

The partner will operate it but the proceeds are coming back to the club.

Could be worth as much as £75m a year extra to us and the council.

Legislating for 100 events a year at least.
Thanks.

What happens though if it is not profitable? Manchester Arena made it sound like they were just holding their head above water.

I’m keen for @Manc in London to name all the countries he was referring to, cos I was about to post a response similar to yours...

Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Italy and France for starters. People thing public transport is great but try getting around Paris when you are disabled or have a child in a pram. I have lived and worked in other countries. I have not just turned up for a few days in the capital city and made a judgement based on that. I would also add non Euro countries such as Australia, NZ and US.

Last edited:
Not sure. Apparently the stadium concerts, while they make us about £1m per performer, they believe there are a lot of shows we can pitch for such as WWE and NBA basketball.

We will also have the cash to pay the big site fees for boxing and gaming conventions.

Not just traditional music concerts is the thinking.

Makes sense to me. The old GMEX and MEN Arena are not comparable to the likes of the O2 Arena. Plenty of events currently cannot be hosted in the north because there isn't a suitable venue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.