Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

There’s a bit about Oak View Group on Wiki.

This is at the end.

Controversy
In May 2019, it was reported that Oak View Group received 300 of the highest price tickets to the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year tribute to Fleetwood Mac. Oak View Group was supposed to sell them as a package deal which also included tickets to the 60th Grammy Awards. MusiCares was promised to received $1.5 million from those tickets. Those 300 tickets were not sold and were then returned to MusiCares, therefor resulting in a loss for the charity.[17]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_View_Group

Expect dirty tricks in the weeks ahead from our usual enemies. They will be looking into this.

Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Italy and France for starters. People thing public transport is great but try getting around Paris when you are disabled or have a child in a pram. I have lived and worked in other countries. I have not just turned up for a few days in the capital city and made a judgement based on that. I would also add non Euro countries such as Australia, NZ and US.

Thanks for the reply. I see from your list that for Italy and France there is overlap with @bobbyowenquiff list, but otherwise they are different countries. There seems to be a Northern/ Southern European split there, although you mention Paris. We can all point to our own individual experiences, and memory is selective, not least in terms of ‘conformation bias’ but other people I have spoken to over the years and what I have experienced myself would rate publicly funded and organised services much more highly.
Only today I was reading of a place in Canada which has abandoned all public transport and uses subsided Uber instead. As you can imagine, it was initially successful, but then it became too popular, encouraged more trips, and ended up costing the council more than the old bus system, and that’s before we even get to the environmental impact. The article ends by mentioning Uber’s latest solution, to create an UberBus - which looks remarkably like a public bus...

Agree with all your points except the last sentence. Successive goverments of all political colours have totally neglected transport infrastructure outside London. Scotland, Wales, and most of South West England have been treated even worse than the North West. More than 60 million people live outside London and we have been taken for a ride!
I agree mostly. Edinburgh does have an award winning bus service it has to be said (and a mainly useless tram).

I agree mostly. Edinburgh does have an award winning bus service it has to be said (and a mainly useless tram).
There is nothing wrong with the Edinburgh Tram service other than that it consists of part of one line. Unless you want to travel from the City Centre to the West or to the Airport it is of little use.

There is nothing wrong with the Edinburgh Tram service other than that it consists of part of one line. Unless you want to travel from the City Centre to the West or to the Airport it is of little use.
My point entirely. It was supposed to go all the way down to Leith. If it had, at least i could have used it on my weekly Michelin starred restaurant jaunt. Sadly, I have to put up with a limo. ;-)

My point entirely. It was supposed to go all the way down to Leith. If it had, at least i could have used it on my weekly Michelin starred restaurant jaunt. Sadly, I have to put up with a limo. ;-)
But the section to Leith is currently about to start construction.

The bus service in Edinburgh certainly is a lot better than that in Manchester. It is virtually all provided by one Council-owned company rather than being carved up between corporate sharks like First and Stagecoach.

But the section to Leith is currently about to start construction.

The bus service in Edinburgh certainly is a lot better than that in Manchester. It is virtually all provided by one Council-owned company rather than being carved up between corporate sharks like First and Stagecoach.

off track but who are Dimond and Go North West now seen on buses instead pf first bus
sorry for going off track

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.