Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

My point entirely. It was supposed to go all the way down to Leith. If it had, at least i could have used it on my weekly Michelin starred restaurant jaunt. Sadly, I have to put up with a limo. ;-)
That's not the real reason you are a regular visitor to Leith is it?

Makes sense to me. The old GMEX and MEN Arena are not comparable to the likes of the O2 Arena. Plenty of events currently cannot be hosted in the north because there isn't a suitable venue.
Why, I thought the MEN was the biggest in Europe and voted the best indoor arena in the world a couple of years ago.

That's not the real reason you are a regular visitor to Leith is it?
I took it that he was travelling into town from Leith but perhaps you're right, I live across the water from there so I'll get the telescope out and see if I can spot a dodgy looking geezer in a city top down at the docks.

My point entirely. It was supposed to go all the way down to Leith. If it had, at least i could have used it on my weekly Michelin starred restaurant jaunt. Sadly, I have to put up with a limo. ;-)

It was a wise decision by our city fathers to stop the tram line before it reached the Dark Side . The unwashed Hibs vermin dont deserve the perks us fragrant get.

I took it that he was travelling into town from Leith but perhaps you're right, I live across the water from there so I'll get the telescope out and see if I can spot a dodgy looking geezer in a city top down at the docks.
Dodgy?
Debonair and refined don’t ye know.

Why, I thought the MEN was the biggest in Europe and voted the best indoor arena in the world a couple of years ago.

Only been to the MEN once but it looked as big inside as the O2 and the published capacity numbers are almost identical IIRC.

The situation if you had two arena venues in operation in MCR would be a bit like Brum where the NEC (or whatever they are calling it today) is on the outskirts and the Birmingham Arena (formerly NIA, Barclaycard Arena etc) is in the city centre.

The problem is having enough artists who can fill arenas visit on a regular basis. Designing in real flexibility on sizing the venue seating so that it doesn't look empty for "smaller" gigs would be interesting.

It was a wise decision by our city fathers to stop the tram line before it reached the Dark Side . The unwashed Hibs vermin dont deserve the perks us fragrant get.
I am totally neutral around Edinburgh’s football. How can one love another after following God’s own team all their lives?

Only been to the MEN once but it looked as big inside as the O2 and the published capacity numbers are almost identical IIRC.

The situation if you had two arena venues in operation in MCR would be a bit like Brum where the NEC (or whatever they are calling it today) is on the outskirts and the Birmingham Arena (formerly NIA, Barclaycard Arena etc) is in the city centre.

The problem is having enough artists who can fill arenas visit on a regular basis. Designing in real flexibility on sizing the venue seating so that it doesn't look empty for "smaller" gigs would be interesting.

Empty seats aren’t as much an issue for gigs are they are for football fans apparently!

One factor City have probably considered is that will all the bands / acts coming out of retirement and attracting big attendances, there are more acts to fill arenas. There are also more arenas tbf like the one in Leeds.

An earlier poster also mentioned the scope for other sports like NBA basketball that could be a decent attraction.

I’m not sure what sort of crowds MMA attract but I guess they could also feature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.