Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I wouldn’t think so.

The new arena isn’t large enough to hold the big concert, 50,000 crowds that the Etihad can hold. Plus there are only a few of those concerts, which are shoehorned into the Summer Month’s. I would assume City will get money from OVG and the arena being on the Etihad Campus.
Am I wrong in assuming with 100/150 gigs a year then some will be clashing with games and will make parking and public transport even more difficult than it is at the moment, and have they made any comment on the issue?

Am I wrong in assuming with 100/150 gigs a year then some will be clashing with games and will make parking and public transport even more difficult than it is at the moment, and have they made any comment on the issue?

Forgot to add. Events will (obviously) be held on a Saturday, so I’m assuming OVG and City will want a cross over of people waning to take in a match and an event, where possible.

This is the news this thread has been waiting for...just need the Panda 'thingy' to be announced.
Sounds like they've done their homework and this is very exciting for the whole city (if it does indeed go ahead).

Forgot to add. Events will (obviously) be held on a Saturday, so I’m assuming OVG and City will want a cross over of people waning to take in a match and an event, where possible.
Huge spikes in travel overload the transport network, but it might encourage a small number of City fans to travel to the ground a couple of hours before or after.

Loads of time with the anti-social TV times, I'm starving after the football because I'm travelling to the game when normally I'd be eating.

Lol, he(?) has been back since:-

What a bundle of joy he must be.
Perhaps he preferred it when the site was totally derelict and poisoned with toxic chemicals which took two years to remove. In my mostly misspent youth I once worked on Grey Mare Lane for about 12 months (circa 1980). In terms of crime it was like a war-zone in those days. People always look back on the past with rose-tinted glasses don't they.

Thanks, so we can assume we will be left to like it or lump it as far as transport goes.

Traffic links are a concern, particularly when there is a gig and a match at the same time - evening kick offs are going to be fun for sure. However, if it goes the way of Glasgow and the SE Hydro, it will attract new business to the campus such as Hotels and that can only be a good thing. The Hydro is served by A Premier Inn, a Holiday Inn, a Crowne Plaza, a Campanille, a Village Urban and a Radisson that are all within a few minutes walk. Imagine the difference that would create to footfall on the Campus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.