Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Id expect hotels / restaurants to follow fairly quickly after its given the go ahead if they are talking of events 150 plus days a year.

I think that’s why the city centre Hotels and Restaurants are concerned. They know City/ADUG have the financial clout and the prestige to attract property developers and Hotel chains to invest and to build on the Etihad Campus, and in doing so, taking business away from the city centre.

Here’s an interesting article about Manchester’s city centre Hotel boom and the over supply of Hotel rooms looming. And the need for the city to attract and to increase visitor numbers to fill those additional Hotel rooms.

Building Or Buying A Manchester Hotel? Two Monster Issues Are Heading Your Way

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/manchester/n...6#ath?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

I think that’s why the city centre Hotels and Restaurants are concerned. They know City/ADUG have the financial clout and the prestige to attract property developers and Hotel chains to invest and to build on the Etihad Campus, and in doing so, taking business away from the city centre.

Here’s an interesting article about Manchester’s city centre Hotel boom and the over supply of Hotel rooms looming. And the need for the city to attract and to increase visitor numbers to fill those additional Hotel rooms.

Building Or Buying A Manchester Hotel? Two Monster Issues Are Heading Your Way

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/manchester/n...6#ath?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser
JRB
Have you herd or seen anything regarding the new North Stand including a large extention which would Inc the hotel attached & built into the actual stand?

Not as ugly as Old Trafford cricket or any cricket grounds just a thought.

I guess the East side parking will be the new restaurants & retail area.

JRB
Have you herd or seen anything regarding the new North Stand including a large extention which would Inc the hotel attached & built into the actual stand?

The new stand would not include a large extension inc a hotel etc as the land behind the stand is for fan engagements and also the most important area in the vicinity for crowds leaving the stadium.

JRB

Sorry, no.

I don’t work in MCR’s property development or construction sectors or for City.

I’ve just got a really keen interest in property development in Manchester, via well over a decade of posting on SSC MCR.

My interest in Architecture and property development started after the IRA bomb in 1996. To this day I still remember hearing a large explosion, opening the front door of my Mum’s House in Burnage, and seeing a huge plume of smoke rising high above the city centre.

Fortunately via SSC and BM I’ve been fortunate enough to have got to know people who are very high up in some of Manchester’s biggest property development companies.

I never fish for info. I’m honest and upfront when I speak to property developers. OVG being the most recent one at the public consultation on Tuesday.

That aside, I enjoy walking around Manchester city centre and beyond, seeing the property development changes taking place across the city centre and beyond, and taking pictures of all of the property developments going up in the city. I do a monthly construction roundup for SSC, MCR.

If and when construction on the proposed arena starts, I will post regular picture updates on BM. :-)

Traffic links are a concern, particularly when there is a gig and a match at the same time - evening kick offs are going to be fun for sure. However, if it goes the way of Glasgow and the SE Hydro, it will attract new business to the campus such as Hotels and that can only be a good thing. The Hydro is served by A Premier Inn, a Holiday Inn, a Crowne Plaza, a Campanille, a Village Urban and a Radisson that are all within a few minutes walk. Imagine the difference that would create to footfall on the Campus.

Anyone who went to Wembley in 2011 and again this year can bear testament to the mass development over the last 8 years. Hotels, shops, restaurants and apartments. The council simply have to improve transport links, but there’s an example of how a stadium and concert venue can work in tandem.

Perhaps he preferred it when the site was totally derelict and poisoned with toxic chemicals which took two years to remove. In my mostly misspent youth I once worked on Grey Mare Lane for about 12 months (circa 1980). In terms of crime it was like a war-zone in those days. People always look back on the past with rose-tinted glasses don't they.
Grey Mare lane nick was likened to the Hill Street Blues nick, The rubble from the Aniline site was quarantined on site and processed before it could be removed. Beeching and his slash and burn of the railways was responsible for the loss of thousands of jobs in E. Manchester. No wonder it turned out like it did....

Anyone who went to Wembley in 2011 and again this year can bear testament to the mass development over the last 8 years. Hotels, shops, restaurants and apartments. The council simply have to improve transport links, but there’s an example of how a stadium and concert venue can work in tandem.

Correct - there is a full outlet shopping centre and loads of hotels now. The space is all leisure!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.