Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Before Pete’s turnstile you would go Through a ginnell signed ‘No. 2 Passageway’, to be known as ‘dog shit alley’ in popular culture.

I miss the guy with the sandwich board on telling me 'The End Is Nigh - Repent Your Sins' as I queued up at one of many of Pete's turnstiles ..

We need a modern day version to compliment the New Stand..

Something along the lines of..

'Do Not Enter, Save Your 50 Quid - VAR Will Fuck Us Over Again'..

Nostalgia, you can't beat it.. Haha..!

Went to the ground today to pick up some Xmas pressies. Parked in the big car park near the tennis centre.
Walked up Joe Mercer way for the first time in a couple of years. Its looking in a sorry state since I last walked up it. All the paint is fading, puddles of water forming all over the place but more importantly there's a crack right across the walkway just as you cross the canal. It's not thick but it's there.
Considering that's where a lot of coach parties walk to the ground from I would've thought they would keep on top of it.

Went to the ground today to pick up some Xmas pressies. Parked in the big car park near the tennis centre.
Walked up Joe Mercer way for the first time in a couple of years. Its looking in a sorry state since I last walked up it. All the paint is fading, puddles of water forming all over the place but more importantly there's a crack right across the walkway just as you cross the canal. It's not thick but it's there.
Considering that's where a lot of coach parties walk to the ground from I would've thought they would keep on top of it.
I’d imagine they’re waiting for the go ahead on the arena before redeveloping that whole area.

if you paid that much attention you'd of noticed the spray paint markings on the floor so something is afoot

I miss the guy with the sandwich board on telling me 'The End Is Nigh - Repent Your Sins' as I queued up at one of many of Pete's turnstiles ..

We need a modern day version to compliment the New Stand..

Something along the lines of..

'Do Not Enter, Save Your 50 Quid - VAR Will Fuck Us Over Again'..

Nostalgia, you can't beat it.. Haha..!

That is excellent and brought back some happy memories .

That is excellent and brought back some happy memories .

I was only very young then CBB (honest.. Haha!), this guy was there every home game, I'm not very religious but he made an impression on me..

I had a lot of admiration for him, sticking to his beliefs despite the shit he seemed to cop for every other week usually from pissed up fans..

I hope he found what he was looking for...

Great days that, despite all the apprehension and tension that hung in the air, had an innocent simplicity about them..!

We got beat (regularly) fair and square back then.. Ha!

When I arrived for the derby, I was pleased to see kiosks in the concourse selling beer.
I managed to order a beer pretty quickly.
Having seen this new method of purchasing lager, I waited until the half time whistle to go for a drink.
The queues for the pop up kiosks were horrendous so I went to the traditional bar and after waiting in line I was told they no longer sell beer.

Could anyone shed any light on this as I didnt go yesterday.
Will beer be available at the bars too?
I believe the pop up kiosks were made to take the strain on the bars?

The puddles around the stadium are horrendous. Whenever it rains they are everywhere and some quite deep and have a huge surface area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.