Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The area outside the stadium was looking a real mess earlier when I took the kids down to have pics with the trophies.

Needs some real improvement. Inside of the ground is looking great.

Fully Agree!! The outside looks dull and dreary and very tired.. Never understood why there is so much grey everywhere, surely we can get more colour outside the stadium and bring it too life. The inside is fantastic but outside makes it look a complete mess..

Funny enough my old man ran the northern arm of a scaffolding company. He had a depot somewhere in the plastic Scouse hinterlands; he considered them a workshy set of twats, especially after the red Scouse lost.

Sorry but we can’t have this unfair stereotyping of scousers on here.

Incidentally, I gave them a rendition of “Get to work you lazy twats” at Anfield the other week

Watching Spurs vs Brighton and you could hear a pin drop. Very flat atmosphere and all in their new stadium with the big single tiered end. Not sure stadium designs play as big a part in atmosphere as we sometimes think. Ticket prices, public mood, shyness etc all play the larger part in atmosphere it would seem.

Here is a graph of the monthly change in footfall (compared to the same month last year) sourced from https://cityco.com/report/city-centre-monthly-footfall-trends/

This is a KPI of the general High St and the graph reveals how Manchester compares to the national trend (specifically Manchester is Market St, Exchange Square, St Annes Square, and King St).

Points to note:

1) Nationally the' High Street' has had a bad year,

2) Manchester has underperformed the UK - very significantly.

The graph covers just a 12 month period, but the UK High Street has been struggling for a long time, and it's structural.

There are other areas of course in which Manchester is booming (such as property construction).
2z89nHB.png

This change is despite the impact of growth in the population of Manchester city centre which makes it more significant.

It may reflect changes in Manchester City centre as it is focused solely on 4 sites in the City centre. Is some footfall moving to other City centre locations? It's possible, but I don't think so. I live in Manchester and I have been aware of this change for some time. Are their wider regional trends such as a shift in shopping from Manchester to the Trafford Centre?

What is going on? I am not aware of Manchester facing a new geographical commercial rival, nor do I think that Manchester had a comparatively strong 2018 which could distort the figures.

This is relevant to City in respect of the Etihad's location at the edge of the city centre and in respect of transport which we frequently discuss.

Locally and nationally look out now for retail failures. January is traditonally a month where struggling retailers finally throw in the towel.

Watching Spurs vs Brighton and you could hear a pin drop. Very flat atmosphere and all in their new stadium with the big single tiered end. Not sure stadium designs play as big a part in atmosphere as we sometimes think. Ticket prices, public mood, shyness etc all play the larger part in atmosphere it would seem.
Does that mean we should put less emphasis on the design of a single-tiered popular end, and just go for a two-tiered North Stand (as per consultation).

I'd say so. Tottenham's atmosphere looks flat (although they have had a disappointing season).

I once got paid by a well know Manchester developer to get a scaffold down (owned and erected by a scouse company) on a Saturday morning on a site. Turned up mob handed with a Manchester gang of scaffolders and basically had the king of scouse security greet me as I arrived and told me to fuck off back to Manchester along with all my scaffolders. He gave me a 5 minute dangle over the water just for good measure. Some very interesting arrests in the scouse development game this week as well. Good luck Everton! Will need to order 110,000 seats for your 55,000 seater stadium.
I've had similar experiences with scouse developers. But in fairness we're also doing work for a couple of decent ones aswell just outside of Liverpool.

Why do grounds generally and us in particular as we have room and money never have public toilets outside the ground?

People do not always want to go into the stadium too early so the options if they are dying to go to the bog seem to be queuing and pushing the way through in Summerbees or the club shop.

Why do grounds generally and us in particular as we have room and money never have public toilets outside the ground?

People do not always want to go into the stadium too early so the options if they are dying to go to the bog seem to be queuing and pushing the way through in Summerbees or the club shop.
Because they can't be monetised.

We averaged 50k in the Champions league group games (against sides which weren't box office (shaktar, Atalanta and Dinamo Zagreb) and a Cup game against Port Vale is close to selling out a week before kick off.

If City wanted proof of demand before signing off the North Stand extension, they have it.

Here is a graph of the monthly change in footfall (compared to the same month last year) sourced from https://cityco.com/report/city-centre-monthly-footfall-trends/

This is a KPI of the general High St and the graph reveals how Manchester compares to the national trend (specifically Manchester is Market St, Exchange Square, St Annes Square, and King St).

Points to note:

1) Nationally the' High Street' has had a bad year,

2) Manchester has underperformed the UK - very significantly.

The graph covers just a 12 month period, but the UK High Street has been struggling for a long time, and it's structural.

There are other areas of course in which Manchester is booming (such as property construction).
2z89nHB.png

This change is despite the impact of growth in the population of Manchester city centre which makes it more significant.

It may reflect changes in Manchester City centre as it is focused solely on 4 sites in the City centre. Is some footfall moving to other City centre locations? It's possible, but I don't think so. I live in Manchester and I have been aware of this change for some time. Are their wider regional trends such as a shift in shopping from Manchester to the Trafford Centre?

What is going on? I am not aware of Manchester facing a new geographical commercial rival, nor do I think that Manchester had a comparatively strong 2018 which could distort the figures.

This is relevant to City in respect of the Etihad's location at the edge of the city centre and in respect of transport which we frequently discuss.

Locally and nationally look out now for retail failures. January is traditonally a month where struggling retailers finally throw in the towel.

But it is booming in areas such as tech; I would argue the jobs market should have a larger impact on transport and infrastructure rather than retail. Of course it's never as simple as that, for example an increase in people living and working on the edge of the centre you would expect less need for radical transport changes but it should also impact retail footfall positively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.