Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I've used the ticket exchange twice this season, sold both times. On each occasion, the person who has bought it hasn't sat in my seat (in 109). Whether they've got mates close by & have sat with them or just haven't turned up I don't know. If they haven't turned up there's no way the club can remedy it.

In light of today's Uefa sanctions, the club should now just say fuck it, let's build the biggest and best stadium in England or indeed the world and turn City into an absolute monster club. Let the fans in for fuck all if we have to. Every single player in the world will want to play for us, Uefa will be duty bound to choose our stadium for finals and we will piss all over everyone and rule the world. Mwahhahaha.

In light of today's Uefa sanctions, the club should now just say fuck it, let's build the biggest and best stadium in England or indeed the world and turn City into an absolute monster club. Let the fans in for fuck all if we have to. Every single player in the world will want to play for us, Uefa will be duty bound to choose our stadium for finals and we will piss all over everyone and rule the world. Mwahhahaha.
You read my mind. That is exactly what I thought too.

This is one way City can fight back. Invest in the infrastructure of the club.

I think it is quite likely that City will accelerate plans for the North Stand. It is exactly what I would do if I was running Manchester City. Fight with whatever resources you can and this is one area that we can do what we want. But it means Sheikh Mansour has to take an active role in the club and he has been selling off equity in recent years.

You’re full of shit.

Every weekend game sells out barring exceptional circumstances.

Why do you think they are allowing the planning to lapse ?? You keep on with the fantasy of one giant stand full of blues that stopped going 20 years ago !!!

You are right in thinking most weekend games are sold out. However, they are seldom full except for the big games. The data on season card attendance on the huge number of cards ( especially cheap children tickets ) that are only used for big weekend games is worrying.

When you factor in that we have had 7 cup games this season, and not one ( including a derby semi final ) has sold out. We all have our reasons to hate Champions League games but the attendances this season have been very poor.

Cup games this season will account for more than a third of the home games this season - so until these start selling out the investment in the North Stand stand does not make economic sense.

And whilst being full for cup games is one factor, the other is that it can only work if corporate seats are factored in ( be it in a new North Stand or in existing seats where supporters are dis-placed ). There is no appetite for more corporate seats at the moment so that has also put the brakes on.

I'm sorry if this upsets the dreamers, and I have enjoyed this thread but surely people can see why its not happening. 54,000 is the right capacity for us at the moment.

After yesterdays UEFA announcement, its probably just as well the brakes were out on the project.

Why do you think they are allowing the planning to lapse ?? You keep on with the fantasy of one giant stand full of blues that stopped going 20 years ago !!!

You are right in thinking most weekend games are sold out. However, they are seldom full except for the big games. The data on season card attendance on the huge number of cards ( especially cheap children tickets ) that are only used for big weekend games is worrying.

When you factor in that we have had 7 cup games this season, and not one ( including a derby semi final ) has sold out. We all have our reasons to hate Champions League games but the attendances this season have been very poor.

Cup games this season will account for more than a third of the home games this season - so until these start selling out the investment in the North Stand stand does not make economic sense.

And whilst being full for cup games is one factor, the other is that it can only work if corporate seats are factored in ( be it in a new North Stand or in existing seats where supporters are dis-placed ). There is no appetite for more corporate seats at the moment so that has also put the brakes on.

I'm sorry if this upsets the dreamers, and I have enjoyed this thread but surely people can see why its not happening. 54,000 is the right capacity for us at the moment.

After yesterdays UEFA announcement, its probably just as well the brakes were out on the project.

We got crowds of over 50 thousand for two of our group games against much smaller sides. I’m not sure if that counts as very poor.

I think yesterday was the news the club were waiting for on a decision about the extension, can't see it happening for a while yet.

We got crowds of over 50 thousand for two of our group games against much smaller sides. I’m not sure if that counts as very poor.

Depends which way you look at it. I personally think 3 x attendances around the 50k mark for this seasons Champs League Group games is fantastic.

The Club see it differently, asking why heavily discounted tickets didn't sell out. They wonder why so many seasoncard holders choose not to attend Champions League games.

Until these games start selling out at non-discounted prices ( and there is an evidenced demand for for further seats and corporate facilities at all games ) there will be no appetite to green light the North Stand project.

The sad thing about it all is that there was real momentum at one stage - completion of South Stand - Pep's arrival etc. But the momentum has stalled.

Property focus for the foreseeable will be on the proposed Arena.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.