Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Anyone got the artists impression of the new Kippax? It was in one of the match programmes. Not the one with the stand going all the way around from the outside. It was a drawing of the stand looking at it from the family stand perspective I think. @Gary James
I found this one in an old programme a few years ago. Is this the one you mean?

Attachments

• thepieintheskystadium_small.jpg
    thepieintheskystadium_small.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 69
Anyone got the artists impression of the new Kippax? It was in one of the match programmes. Not the one with the stand going all the way around from the outside. It was a drawing of the stand looking at it from the family stand perspective I think. @Gary James
not sure if this is the one

The Maine Road regime always seemed to aim for the stars and end up hitting the ceiling when it came to improving the Kippax - in 1971 Director Eric Alexander outlined his further plans for the Kippax “If we could rebuild part of the stand, incorporating a second tier containing about 8,000 seats, and build into the back of the stand a multi-storey car park spectators could then drive their cars straight into the car park and reach their seats without ever going outside. And private boxes would be incorporated in the back of the stand”

Attachments

• kippaxa.jpg
    kippaxa.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 73
  • kippaxb.jpg
    kippaxb.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 71
not sure if this is the one

The Maine Road regime always seemed to aim for the stars and end up hitting the ceiling when it came to improving the Kippax - in 1971 Director Eric Alexander outlined his further plans for the Kippax “If we could rebuild part of the stand, incorporating a second tier containing about 8,000 seats, and build into the back of the stand a multi-storey car park spectators could then drive their cars straight into the car park and reach their seats without ever going outside. And private boxes would be incorporated in the back of the stand”

Thank you. Was from a different corner than I remembered.

9733D902-3F6F-4DC7-829F-CE6BD77944A7.jpeg

I had that Franny Lee dream a 44k all seater.
Who really thought we could ever have a symmetrical stadium? In truth we were already on our way to 4 completely different stands, 5 with Gene Kelley.
What always makes me laugh is even when we swapped MR for a totally symmetrical bowl we couldn’t help ourselves. Almost like we had to change one end to get a bit of the lopsided feel back. You’ve got to love City. It’s the quirkinesses in our DNA.

Who really thought we could ever have a symmetrical stadium? In truth we were already on our way to 4 completely different stands, 5 with Gene Kelley.
What always makes me laugh is even when we swapped MR for a totally symmetrical bowl we couldn’t help ourselves. Almost like we had to change one end to get a bit of the lopsided feel back. You’ve got to love City. It’s the quirkinesses in our DNA.

Haha I know a Frankenstein stadium but that was Swales for you! He probably got them built on the cheap! Thought the main stand was fantastic part of the stadium.

Covid made me forget about this thread...
Panda World back on yet?

Surely work starting in the group is a cause for optimism...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.