Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Knocking down the old kippax really shafted us capacity wise didn’t it!
No building the Swales monstrosity of the Platt Lane stand did that Although the new Kippax Stand, built under Lee was a good capacity it was all seated so it had an effect but no where near the Platt Lane. Swales wanted to take the Platt Lane stand around into the Kippax, I know that for a fact because he told me in person. I told him the Platt Lane was horrendous to which he replied you're the first to tell me that , well I'm not one of your sodding sycophants

No building the Swales monstrosity of the Platt Lane stand did that Although the new Kippax Stand, built under Lee was a good capacity it was all seated so it had an effect but no where near the Platt Lane. Swales wanted to take the Platt Lane stand around into the Kippax, I know that for a fact because he told me in person. I told him the Platt Lane was horrendous to which he replied you're the first to tell me that , well I'm not one of your sodding sycophants

We would have had a right poxy small time little ground if that happened.

Hated it.

As basic as a stand could be, bar the exec boxes.

View attachment 10703
Based on the clock end at Highbury if I recall correctly. Why model a new stand on one of the worst in the top flight. Shite capacity as well. As an aside does anyone know why we didn't fill in the corners properly when building the Kippax / Platt Lane?

Based on the clock end at Highbury if I recall correctly. Why model a new stand on one of the worst in the top flight. Shite capacity as well. As an aside does anyone know why we didn't fill in the corners properly when building the Kippax / Platt Lane?

There wasn’t room for a new Kippax sized corner at the Platt Lane end and at the north end the views in the upper tiers would have been obstructed by the North Stand roof.

18831FB0-E260-4D1E-A390-A7E219AF72DA.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.