Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

so you'd rather walk up to a mis mash of stands like maine road turned out ok
That wasn't the statement I was responding to. I was saying that the arena blocking the view on the ground as you walk up towards the North Stand side was no big deal as other than for what goes on inside it I feel it's uninspiring. It's more imposing arriving at the South/West entrance as the stands soar above you. Maine Road was a mess from the moment they built the North Stand in the 1970's a decade esthetics forgot

No, doubt they are planning to start before the Arena is finished, would probably be impractical to have 2 big constructions going simultaneously.
There have just been 10 pages on this thread about why there are empty seats and why many games don’t sell out.

There will be no new stadium developments any time soon as extra seats are not needed.

The focus for the next 5 years will be on the Arena and collar site to support the Arena and Stadium

There have just been 10 pages on this thread about why there are empty seats and why many games don’t sell out.

There will be no new stadium developments any time soon as extra seats are not needed.

The focus for the next 5 years will be on the Arena and collar site to support the Arena and Stadium
No there hasn't there have been pages on why s/c holders don't put seats on resale, the games do sell out. Many games sell out.

Last edited:

The arena is forward planning as the 6-a-side indoor with become the dominant game once the heading ban comes in and people lose interest in football.

City are tied into a 250 year rent agreement on the stadium.(council house)

Richard Hunt used the freedom of information act to access details of the rent agreement between MCC and the club. Sadly those details aren't available anymore. Maybe another request would be a good idea? ;-)

Dear Manchester City Council,

Please send me a copy of the rental contract between (presumably) the City Council (or an entity set up by the council for the purpose) and Manchester City FC, regarding the stadium now known as the Etihad stadium.

A mate of a friend who lives near the stadium overheard a conversation that.. we plan to knock down the stadium and build a 95,000 seater stadium complete with retractable pitches and home made pie kiosks.
dont shoot the messager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.