Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Unfortunately too many games don’t sell out. If the demand was there the stadium development would have been completed 2 years ago.

That ship has now sailed. Demand, Covid, proposed safe standing mean new seats just aren’t required as existing capacity is sufficient

That is why they have written off 1000 seats for bigger pitchside advertising. More advertising revenue and lack of demand for those seats.

If it makes you happy keep in dreaming about a new North Stand - but it isn’t happening, just as a new stadium in the car park isn’t.

The Arena and surrounding hospitality is the plan for the next few years.
No club "sells out" 2018/19 average 54,130 capacity 55,017 The issue with this is its difficult to entice new match going fans so more capacity is needed and it will come despite the prophets of doom on here

it will be interesting to see how the club improve the look of the etihad in the short term? Khaldoon mentioned in his summer interview he agreed with the fans that the etihad and surrounding area needed urgent investment and they would do that asap.

No club "sells out" 2018/19 average 54,130 capacity 55,017 The issue with this is its difficult to entice new match going fans so more capacity is needed and it will come despite the prophets of doom on here
Biggest problem is finding tickets for groups any bigger than 2, even that's tricky, so attracting new fans is impossible unless they can sit with friends. Extending is the only way to fix that other than forcing relocations and keeping matchday seats in blocks so they can buy seats together.

Liverpool started another extension stand to rise the capacity to 61k to fair it’s going to look great unlike that dump at the swamp!

Would be great if we built a new stadium and I reckon in the next 20 years we will..

Liverpool started another extension stand to rise the capacity to 61k to fair it’s going to look great unlike that dump at the swamp!

Would be great if we built a new stadium and I reckon in the next 20 years we will..

What’s wrong with the one we have it was only built 19 years ago. Can be expanded again if required, has hospitality facilities that shits over the majority of the premier league. I don’t think there is a single bad view in the ground unless you are on the front row. It would be more cost effective and less harmful to the environment to keep renovating the one we have.

Biggest problem is finding tickets for groups any bigger than 2, even that's tricky, so attracting new fans is impossible unless they can sit with friends. Extending is the only way to fix that other than forcing relocations and keeping matchday seats in blocks so they can buy seats together.
The plan we were given just before we moved had a reserved section match day sales only, located in the South West lower corner in the front half of the blocks.

When we had moved it was mainly season ticket holders who had been allocated that area by the club from around MR NS block L. It was the ideal time to do it, and they either changed their minds or messed it up, and my money is on the latter.

What’s wrong with the one we have it was only built 19 years ago. Can be expanded again if required, has hospitality facilities that shits over the majority of the premier league. I don’t think there is a single bad view in the ground unless you are on the front row. It would be more cost effective and less harmful to the environment to keep renovating the one we have.

nothing wrong with it just a feeling that our owner would like the best stadium in the country!

The plan we were given just before we moved had a reserved section match day sales only, located in the South West lower corner in the front half of the blocks.

When we had moved it was mainly season ticket holders who had been allocated that area by the club from around MR NS block L. It was the ideal time to do it, and they either changed their minds or messed it up, and my money is on the latter.
I'd say about 10 years ago , I pretty much knew where there were groups of seats when matchday tickets went on sale before games and I would go straight to those seats to buy, there were a few groups around the ground, that was the sase really up to when we extended and there was a lot of relocating. Seems that left matchday seats scattered all over. Plus they started selling all matchday tickets in July for all games. So by the end July all there are are single scattered seats available. Then people are relying on s/c resales or awy blocks returned.
Not sure what the answer is though there it may solve it'self this season with deferalls, but more will be buying tickets. Long term any extension and relocation needs to ringfence blocks for matchday. If that means some games midweek blocks are noticable for empty seats so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.