Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

No there hasn't there have been pages on why s/c holders don't put seats on resale, the games do sell out. Many games sell out.
Unfortunately too many games don’t sell out. If the demand was there the stadium development would have been completed 2 years ago.

That ship has now sailed. Demand, Covid, proposed safe standing mean new seats just aren’t required as existing capacity is sufficient

That is why they have written off 1000 seats for bigger pitchside advertising. More advertising revenue and lack of demand for those seats.

If it makes you happy keep in dreaming about a new North Stand - but it isn’t happening, just as a new stadium in the car park isn’t.

The Arena and surrounding hospitality is the plan for the next few years.

Unfortunately too many games don’t sell out. If the demand was there the stadium development would have been completed 2 years ago.

That ship has now sailed. Demand, Covid, proposed safe standing mean new seats just aren’t required as existing capacity is sufficient

That is why they have written off 1000 seats for bigger pitchside advertising. More advertising revenue and lack of demand for those seats.

If it makes you happy keep in dreaming about a new North Stand - but it isn’t happening, just as a new stadium in the car park isn’t.

Most games do sell out including even weekend FA Cup games. Mid week games against lesser opposition, especially in winter is where tickets can be easily purchased.

The purpose to expand comes from having the need for demand of 62k for most games. If we have demand for 52k seats (a good crowd overall) for a CL group game then you have 10k empty seats. Even the games where we do sell out there needs to be a large overspill of fans not being able to get tickets.

The club need to be selling out and be over subscribed before they feel the new stand will be worth it.

Not true about ticket sales, guess we'll see when we see about expansion, after the arena is finished.

Last edited:
A mate of a friend who lives near the stadium overheard a conversation that.. we plan to knock down the stadium and build a 95,000 seater stadium complete with retractable pitches and home made pie kiosks.
dont shoot the messager
I've got a mate who's dad knows a friend who told him he swears Elvis was in his chippy two or maybe three weeks ago

i'd like to see 4 big fuck off floodlight pylons that can bee seen from miles away when going to a night match, used to make the hairs on the back of me neck stand up when they came into view goning to maine road

Know what you mean. I could see them from my bedroom window in Hulme! When I was a kid I used to open the window and could hear the crowd noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.