Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

As mentioned numerous times on here, there's a rail route down the west of the stadium that goes into Victoria and Ashbury's. If they can get the tram-train solution working there's a host of opportunities to feed visitors without needing Manchester City Centre. They can go up to the Sharp Project on existing track which is a tram and train interchange, plus there's a bit of space to park trams on busy matchdays a bit further on and where they can also get onto the Ashton tram line or get trains to West Yorkshire. They can go directly into Victoria on existing track for those that want the Bury & Rochdale metrolink lines or trains to Bolton, Wigan, Liverpool. They can go to Ashbury's and beyond on existing track.

We just move so slowly in this country.

where is the area where they can park the trams?

where is the area where they can park the trams?
That would of course mean infrastructure changes but I was looking at the Newton Heath engineering works. Maybe not enough room and reading further on the tram-train proposals it seems like it'll never happen or is going to take ages.

I got looking at the proposed development at Sandhills/Collyhurst - a new transport hub they call it, and they mention a lot of walking/cycling routes from there to the Etihad Campus. A new stop would be about 1.8 miles walk to the stadium which is still further than where most people park (my usual parking spot is 1.4 miles) and I'd not like to do that route at night, either way it's just too far for many people. I still think eco-friendly bus shuttles from the depot at Queens Road to the stadium via the Sharp Project (Central Park) is the immediate way forward, picking up and dropping off supporters for the Bury and Rochdale lines. The stop at Central Park was built with the possibility of adding a rail stop so a game-day/event-day interchange could be developed there, taking many fans away from the Ashton-Piccadilly line.

Not champions league nights in the knockout stages, only the meaningless unattractive group games. They attract neither s/c holders nor matchday goers in great numbers. Thats more a problem with c/l format than a supporter problem.

the later stages of the champions league attract more season ticket holders.

Wembley semi finals and cup games are other example. Fact is we do not have masses of tourists wanting to come to city games. The ones that do usually come for opposition players - messi for Instance

so when our core support doesn’t show up it makes a big difference

the later stages of the champions league attract more season ticket holders.

Wembley semi finals and cup games are other example. Fact is we do not have masses of tourists wanting to come to city games. The ones that do usually come for opposition players - messi for Instance

so when our core support doesn’t show up it makes a big difference
Yes, I know my point though is it isn't that many games. The 3 group games depending who's in the group,that may change with the new league format. and the league cup early rounds at home.

For me get the North stand done, new roof outer skin ext. Sell tickets in town and online as Barca do to anyone wanting one. Improve transport from town & rail stations to the ground. Would easily get ROI over next ten years.

That would of course mean infrastructure changes but I was looking at the Newton Heath engineering works. Maybe not enough room and reading further on the tram-train proposals it seems like it'll never happen or is going to take ages.

I got looking at the proposed development at Sandhills/Collyhurst - a new transport hub they call it, and they mention a lot of walking/cycling routes from there to the Etihad Campus. A new stop would be about 1.8 miles walk to the stadium which is still further than where most people park (my usual parking spot is 1.4 miles) and I'd not like to do that route at night, either way it's just too far for many people. I still think eco-friendly bus shuttles from the depot at Queens Road to the stadium via the Sharp Project (Central Park) is the immediate way forward, picking up and dropping off supporters for the Bury and Rochdale lines. The stop at Central Park was built with the possibility of adding a rail stop so a game-day/event-day interchange could be developed there, taking many fans away from the Ashton-Piccadilly line.

Ah yeah it would, but they should of thought of this when doing the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.