Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That was because Whelan got greedy one year and jacked the price up massively so many refused to go. He didn't make that mistake next season and we filled that end up again.

The extra £8 was still £4 cheaper than the previous visit to Bolton away in the upper tier which sold out. Being 1245 and on telly had a lot to do with it, as well as having very poor away form in teh first half of Pearce's last season.

We got a simialr crowd at Everton shortly after with a range of prices, mine was the cheapest at £27 bullens lower level 1 restricted view, and had 10 rows at the back to myself. 1000 empty seats for Everton away 3pm Sat.

The season after there was a takeover and investment and Sven, and more people wanted to go again.

The extra £8 was still £4 cheaper than the previous visit to Bolton away in the upper tier which sold out. Being 1245 and on telly had a lot to do with it, as well as having very poor away form in teh first half of Pearce's last season.

We got a simialr crowd at Everton shortly after with a range of prices, mine was the cheapest at £27 bullens lower level 1 restricted view, and had 10 rows at the back to myself. 1000 empty seats for Everton away 3pm Sat.

The season after there was a takeover and investment and Sven, and more people wanted to go again.
I seem to recall he put it up to £45 from £25. Then it was back to £25 the following season.

will never understand why we are not building the new north stand extension, there are so many ways to fill the ground, why can't we be the 1st club to actually give a proper away allocation has opposed to the pitiful 2700 odd we give, giving 6000 would go along way to help filling any extension, over 50% of premiership clubs would easily fill 6000 seats, and help the atmosphere considerably.
SImplest ideas are always the best! Totally agree with this. Give a Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton 6k. Makes the experience for home fans so much better and makes people want to go to the game. Always the games I remember from years gone by were the ones where there were legions of fans. City should be very wary I think of over-sanitising the game.

Not at old Trafford it isn't. Think it has 4 local stops and trams queuing at full time waiting. We have the one stop and no trams for twenty minutes then they send a single along..
They shuttle them out of the nearby depot on Scum match days, where we get the normal service and single units. Have contact our wonderful mayor and the club but nothing has improved.

The public transport nightmare makes night matches unattractive. It's not just Metrolink, bad though that is. I find that if I leave my seat like a greyhound out of the traps at the final whistle I can generally get onto one of the buses going into town without too much hassle. (The queuing system is a bit shit but it gets there.)

The snag is when I get into town I have to walk to the Arndale for an hourly bus. Hourly! Or get the tram or bus to a point about a mile from home and leg it. At my time of life, given that I am knackered, this latter is not an attractive option, especially if it's pissing down, far from an unlikely contingency in our glorious Greater Manchester.

In fairness to the club, this is not down to them and there's nowt they can do about it. Even if tickets were 50p I would still think twice about going to a night match because of this hassle.
I agree 100%, it will never happen but 8pm is far too late to kick off a night match 7pm would be far better,

when's it estimated to be complete?

I reckon a box park on the gasworks site next.

Then Manchester Life will start creeping between there and New Islington/Ancoats.

My mate who used to work in the ticket office bought one of the new builds year the ground not long after the take over, made a fortune on it and done one up to Saddleworth now.
There is a box park scheduled for Manchester. Pre pandemic it was to be penciled in for near Piccadilly though. Could be a good shout having it near the new arena though

How so though, there’s only 1 line up/down.
theres no loop/holding track at Etihad or at Piccadilly/gardens, so throughput is still limited and as it crosses slightly big roads in places, the throughput is further limited.

unless the COOP plans have an extra stop built, with a loop?
We need a continuous monorail system back and to, to the city centre or the station.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.