Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The club obviously have the data to suggest there’s no point in extending the north stand. Two games since we’ve been back and there’s been thousands of empty seats.
I said this back in 2009, I thought the ultimate goal would be to have all level 2 corporate, and bit of it have now gone that way, plus the family stand was extended to lvl 1 ready for if lvl 2 no longer has this use.

There isn't much money in big stand with half the tickets being £300 per season, it is just rehousing people who are displaced the make way for a bigger premium/extortionate offer. The amount of empties in Joe's and 9320 suggests it is a long way off.

I said this back in 2009, I thought the ultimate goal would be to have all level 2 corporate, and bit of it have now gone that way, plus the family stand was extended to lvl 1 ready for if lvl 2 no longer has this use.

There isn't much money in big stand with half the tickets being £300 per season, it is just rehousing people who are displaced the make way for a bigger premium/extortionate offer. The amount of empties in Joe's and 9320 suggests it is a long way off.
I don’t think we’ll see the north stand extended for years. It’s a shame because I think the stadium looks a bit odd with SS3 extension.

Spurs new stadium brings in around 6m a game can’t be true that unless levy charges an absolute fortunes for season tickets! What do bring in per game approximately?

Spurs new stadium brings in around 6m a game can’t be true that unless levy charges an absolute fortunes for season tickets! What do bring in per game approximately?
Seems feasible, 10k corporate at average £300 and 50k standard at average of £60.

Same from Didsbury. It’s easier just to get the bus or met into town and then do the 20-25min walk from town. I used to drive in and park until several years ago now street parking is only free from 8pm and no longer free on a Sunday.

the problem with public transport is you are either going to get piss wet through when the weather is bad or you get home at a stupid hour for the night games - saying that it’s similar with a car due to the traffic around the stadium. So you park a distance away and that mitigates the advantage of not getting absolutely sodden in favour of not getting stuck in the gridlock.
I always say this but 25 years after the stadium was designed, 22 years since it broke ground, 20 years since it opened, 18 years since City moved in, 13 years after the Sheikh bought City, and 8 years after the Met line was extended (why wasn’t that ready for the Commonwealth Games?!) out to the stadium; still, the quickest way to get back to the city centre after a game is to walk.

Walking is alright for me, but walking 2 miles is not something all people can do (whether hindered through disability, injury, old age, or simply not wanting to get wet if it’s raining). So there are a number of people who have to use the Met.

It’s frustrating that in the 2020s in a Beta World City there isn’t a quicker way to move from a major attraction to the city centre that’s just 2 miles away, than walking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always say this but 25 years after the stadium was designed, 22 years since it broke ground, 20 years since it opened, 18 years since City moved in, 13 years after the Sheikh bought City, and 8 years after the Met line was extended (why wasn’t that ready for the Commonwealth Games?!) out to the stadium; still, the quickest way to get back to the city centre after a game is to walk.

Walking is alright for me, but walking 2 miles is not something all people can do (whether hindered through disability, injury, old age, or simply not wanting to get wet if it’s raining). So there are a number of people who have to use the Met.

It’s frustrating that in the 2020s in a Beta World City there isn’t a quicker way to move from a major attraction to the city centre that’s just 2 miles away, than walking.

I think that if more people walked, as you and i do(age 62) it would make it easier for those who are disabled ,too fat or generally unfit to get to or away from the stadium.
Whatever transport existed there would still be queues and waiting times.
By walking I do not queue or wait, I sometimes get wet, as I do when I work or play golf .
Have a look around at the Southampton game, unhealthy , overweight people everywhere.

I think that if more people walked, as you and i do(age 62)
Walking is the only realistic option for many of those even older than you. Not easy for me.

Especially hard for those arriving at Piccadilly who are also the premium tourists MCFC seek to attract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.