Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Asked about the North Stand expansion the other day. Sounded like it’s not on the agenda in the near future and there just isn’t the demand for 60,000+ tickets week in week out.

Makes you wonder if there ever will be that demand if it isn’t there under Pep. We might have to wait until the younger generation around the country that started supporting City in the last 10 years grow up and start coming to games. Our continued success will mean we’ll have one of the biggest supports in the country, outside of the home city in the coming years.

Kinda feel like we might have dropped a clanger not building the North Stand as a ‘home end’ single or larger double tiered stand first of all and then doing the South Stand later on though.
South stand faces the concert stand so makes more sense to expand first. North stand always blocked off as behind the stage. Concert stand can't be changed end as needs to be near the service tunnel

Capacity now must be around 53k? I think we could just do it by extending the North Stand.

I would use the Silverlake monies to do this. I can't think of anything more worthwhile than creating 5,000 extra City fans. The only thing that counts on match-day is fans at the stadium, especially on a midweek game in a league Cup tie. You don't get supporters turning up to those games unless they are regulars and have got the bug. And you don't become a regular until you've gone to your first home game against Arsenal, seem City win 5-0 and want to come back for more.

Edit: I checked City's official attendance vs Arsenal - 52,276. Given that there's seats lost to segregation, I think our current capacity must be around 53,000 to 53,500 even if it is impossible to reach. We claimed our capacity was 55k before the front seats were taken out and never reached it so I think we could just reach the 60k by doing one end.

It would cost half a Harry Kane. But it would take 20 years to get your investment back.
No seats are removed for segregation.

No seats are removed for segregation.
Aren't some lost due to segregation i.e. unused. For example, before the front rows were taken out City had an official capacity of just over 55k but our highest attendance at the Etihad last season was 54,219 so there is a gap between our stated attendance and record attendances that I assume is explained by segregation losses.

Are you saying that the gap between home and away fans is just an empty aisle? If so, then I get your point but then that means that there is still a significant gap between City's record attendances and the official capacity at the Etihad of over 500 seats.

Aren't some lost due to segregation i.e. unused. For example, before the front rows were taken out City had an official capacity of just over 55k but our highest attendance at the Etihad last season was 54,219 so there is a gap between our stated attendance and record attendances that I assume is explained by segregation losses.

Are you saying that the gap between home and away fans is just an empty aisle? If so, then I get your point but then that means that there is still a significant gap between City's record attendances and the official capacity at the Etihad of over 500 seats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.