Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I think you're being unfair about Metrolink.

I appreciate Metrolink hasn't been without fault, but there are a lot positives about Metrolink.

I'll post some information tomorrow.

I've not seen any info published, but being late is what Metrolink is all about isn't it.

Surely everyone expects a walk of 10-15 mins to get to a transport hub. Most grounds in the country were a good walk from the station, and now its worse as loads are out of town. Are we just whinging because weve become entitled.
Yes, lazy gits nowadays.
I park 20 mins from the ground and walk, never a problem getting away unless roadworks in Town which can't be helped as much as a pain in the arse they are.
Getting across Mcr is a different story on Mid week games though.

I've not seen any info published, but being late is what Metrolink is all about isn't it.

6-C98-B9-B5-0-FBD-444-F-8426-798373959-FE2.png

1-B738-BA7-7-EBE-4-DBB-ADBA-E7-A1-D5-CEABA4.png

KeolisAmey Metrolink aim to deliver a reliable service to our customers. We want to share with you how we are performing.

Metrolink’s ‘London-style’ pay-as-you-go contactless system is proving more popular than ever, with more than 5 million journeys now having been made since its launch.

Destination Bee Network.

1634253397474.jpeg

Skyacrapeecity - Gtr Manchester Transport thread.

• The new lines have removed 38.8 million car kilometres per year from our roads - contributing towards Greater Manchester’s goal of 50% of all journeys being made by public transport and active travel by 2040.

Last edited:
6-C98-B9-B5-0-FBD-444-F-8426-798373959-FE2.png

1-B738-BA7-7-EBE-4-DBB-ADBA-E7-A1-D5-CEABA4.png

KeolisAmey Metrolink aim to deliver a reliable service to our customers. We want to share with you how we are performing.

Metrolink’s ‘London-style’ pay-as-you-go contactless system is proving more popular than ever, with more than 5 million journeys now having been made since its launch.

Destination Bee Network.

View attachment 28013

Skyacrapeecity - Gtr Manchester Transport thread.

• The new lines have removed 38.8 million car kilometres per year from our roads - contributing towards Greater Manchester’s goal of 50% of all journeys being made by public transport and active travel by 2040.
But you were coming back with an update on the plans that showed how importantly the groups involved in the Etihad campus were taking transport, not some TfGM propaganda in support of their system churned out to support Burnham's visions.

Oh and almost 1 in 5 trams on the Ashton line and 1 in 8 overall failed to arrive on time. Pretty far from world class.

But you were coming back with an update on the plans that showed how importantly the groups involved in the Etihad campus were taking transport, not some TfGM propaganda in support of their system churned out to support Burnham's visions.

Oh and almost 1 in 5 trams on the Ashton line and 1 in 8 overall failed to arrive on time. Pretty far from world class.

No I wasn't. I never said I was. I gave a snippet. I stated I couldn't and wouldn't post anymore info as the info I had been told was still being discussed and has yet to be agreed, if it ever does get agreed? I've told everyone on here what I can in good faith. I won't say anymore.

You seem to have a downer with Metrolink, Dave. That's your opinion, which you're entitled to. Other people like me, like Metrolink, and see it as a valuable asset for the city.(even with it's teething problems) What I've posted isn't propaganda, it's fact, be it good or bad.

Let's hope Burnham's vision happens and Gtr Manchester get's the funding from the Governemnt to fund a truly intergrated and affordable public transport network aross Gtr Manchester, not just Metrolink.

Some more stats.

4. Look Forward.

These revised services will remain under continual review. The MediaCityUK to Etihad Campus service and the later running weekend trams will be reintroduced at the earliest opportunity, subject to staff availability.

Greater Manchester Transport Committee. 17th September 2021.

Next Metrolink meeting, Nov 12.

I'll leave it at that before I get bogged down in (Metrolink) trench warfare.

Last edited:
Can i have a 75000 capacity stadium announced at Xmas please.

We won't be getting an increased capacity stadium - perhaps not ever now. A decision has been made the addition of further safe standing areas, to include the North Stand lower, coupled with improving the facade of the stadium and surrounding footprint is where the money needs to be right now.

The suits feel the addition of CO-OP Live will drive profits much more and quicker, than a ROR on adding another 8,000 seats.

No I wasn't. I never said I was. I gave a snippet. I stated I couldn't and wouldn't post anymore info as the info I had been told was still being discussed and has yet to be agreed, if it ever does get agreed? I've told everyone on here what I can in good faith. I won't say anymore.

You seem to have a downer with Metrolink, Dave. That's your opinion, which you're entitled to. Other people like me, like Metrolink, and see it as a valuable asset for the city.(even with it's teething problems) What I've posted isn't propaganda, it's fact, be it good or bad.

Let's hope Burnham's vision happens and Gtr Manchester get's the funding from the Governemnt to fund a truly intergrated and affordable public transport network aross Gtr Manchester, not just Metrolink.

Some more stats.

4. Look Forward.

These revised services will remain under continual review. The MediaCityUK to Etihad Campus service and the later running weekend trams will be reintroduced at the earliest opportunity, subject to staff availability.

Greater Manchester Transport Committee. 17th September 2021.

Next Metrolink meeting, Nov 12.

I'll leave it at that before I get bogged down in (Metrolink) trench warfare.
I think Metro is pretty good at off-peak times. I don't think you can blame them for transport shambles at the Etihad because the infrastructure is just not in place. I think the club and the council need to get together to solve the issues. They have worked closely together on building homes so there is no reason why this should not happen.
I have always though shuttle buses from Ashbury station to the ground would be a decent solution though that would require a revamp of the station because of safety concerns. You could move a lot of people from Piccadilly Station using bigger trains than the trams. Perhaps ADUG could pay for it and the station could be called Manchester City FC or whoever our sponsor was at the time. When the arena opens this may be viable. There are also lots of new homes being built down there.

The metrolink service to Ashton after a game is absolutely appalling most of the time.

No additional trams are put on and they stick to the usual timetable which can be an absolute killer after a night game.

Not only that but they will send single units rather than doubles as well.

It means that you can be waiting quite a while after a game and the build up of people combined with a single unit means things can get dangerous.

Ive personally been on a tram where so many people got on after me that I was struggling to catch my breath, and I’ve seen kids struggling as well.

Not what I would call a great service.

We won't be getting an increased capacity stadium - perhaps not ever now. A decision has been made the addition of further safe standing areas, to include the North Stand lower, coupled with improving the facade of the stadium and surrounding footprint is where the money needs to be right now.

The suits feel the addition of CO-OP Live will drive profits much more and quicker, than a ROR on adding another 8,000 seats.

I think it’s the right decision.

The demand clearly isn’t there right now for another 6-8k seats. If the demand isn’t there now with Pep and this current team then it won’t be there when we drop off a bit under our next manager. Covid, ticketing policies and prices aren’t really helping the situation much either.

The demand for 60k+ will come in the future when all the kids who support City growing up around the country (and the world) get to the age where they want to start coming to games. Like Utd and Liverpool we’ll have hundreds if not thousands of fans coming up from down south. It just takes a couple of decades of sustained success to build that level of support and for the kids watching it to become old enough to travel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.