Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I had a friend whose mum knitted red and black scarves for the 1969 cup final while watching a match - Never looked at her knitting other than to change colours, didn't drop a stitch. It was more fascinating to watch her knitting than watch the match.
Ha ha ha that’s brilliant mate

To me, all Blues are my community. Not just the people I happen to sit near.

My thoughts exactly... I'm happy to have bloody good moan with anybody!

Whenever I've had a move around the ground, I've always met a good bunch of people. I must agree, that first day of SS3 v Chelsea was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced in the Etihad.

As you say, it went downhill after that and by the end of that season it was like sitting in a brewery. The old boys on the row in front of us would arrive half pissed 5 minutes after KO, go to the concourse 10 minutes before half time, come back totally pissed 10 minutes after restart, and leave 5 minutes before the end. It was like clockwork every home game. I honestly doubt they had a clue what was going on on the pitch. They weren't the only ones but they were the most obvious.

We moved the next season... CB1... Say no more :-D

My thoughts exactly... I'm happy to have bloody good moan with anybody!

Whenever I've had a move around the ground, I've always met a good bunch of people. I must agree, that first day of SS3 v Chelsea was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced in the Etihad.

As you say, it went downhill after that and by the end of that season it was like sitting in a brewery. The old boys on the row in front of us would arrive half pissed 5 minutes after KO, go to the concourse 10 minutes before half time, come back totally pissed 10 minutes after restart, and leave 5 minutes before the end. It was like clockwork every home game. I honestly doubt they had a clue what was going on on the pitch. They weren't the only ones but they were the most obvious.

We moved the next season... CB1... Say no more :-D
Sit down!!!

I'd like to thank Mike McCarthy at Bam for sending me this additional information about the Coop Live Arena.

May 2021: City Football Group became OVG’s equal joint venture partner in Co-op Live, alongside Harry Styles as an investor, in this pioneering Venue

• The most sustainable arena in the UK & Europe- Co-op Live is going to be the biggest and most sustainable of its kind in the UK. It’s ‘bowl’ design will make it intimate and the ultimate stage for fans and artists.
  • Project forms part of CFG estate and their regeneration strategy for the Eastlands area with MCC
  • Opening end 2023
  • £1.5bn economic impact
  • 24,113 capacity indoor arena [full standing mode] 2906 hospitality
  • 62k m2 of GIFA – Largest arena in the UK
  • BREEAM Excellent – Most sustainable arena in the UK
  • Site pre-drilled, grouted with piled foundation solution – 1700 no piles
  • 5 story steel structure with in-situ concrete floors on metal decking - 10,000t of steel
  • Façade – composite panels with aluminum rain screen – 25,000m2 of facade
  • Sections of façade illuminated and animated
  • 7 no cores to facilitate vertical movement
  • Large atriums with escalators to open up floor footprints for sub-events and non event day modes
  • Project considers full fit out to go to trial event mode at PC
  • Next key milestone-Commence steel frame 16/12/2021
  • 5 Floors of facilities
  • General Admission facilities located on the Ground Floor, Level 1 and Level 3
  • Premium facilities on Level 2 and Level 4 with 2 high end lounges on Ground Floor and Club on Level 1
  • 4 General Admission Entrances split between Ground Floor & Level 1 and 2 Premium Entrances with direct access to VIP Drop Off facility
  • Over 3,250m2 of Service Yard space, including the ability to simultaneously unload 8 trucks directly onto the event floor
  • Back of House Team facilities situated all on 1 level with direct access to the Service Yard and Arena Event Floor
  • Flexible Base Atrium space that can be used for pre and post show hospitality and events
  • NET CARBON ZERO TARGET BY 2038

Materials/Products

• 27,000m3 of concrete
  • 3000t of reinforcement steel
  • 10000t of structural steel
  • 55,000m2 of mesh steel
  • 2800m of drainage
  • 120,000m3 of excavation removed
  • 51,000m of piles
  • 562km of cabling
  • 13,000 light fittings
  • 75km pipework and ductwork

Supply Chain

1. Bulk excavation, remediation - Provectus
  2. Ground engineering and piling - Skanska
  3. Sub-structure and concrete – Carey’s
  4. Steel frame, floors, pre-cast install – Severfield
  5. Mechanical, electrical install – SES
  6. Façade - Prater
  7. Roofing – Prater
  8. Vertical transportation – Kone
  9. Pre-cast – Macrete [Evans for arch pre-cast]

I know it's slightly off-topic, but re the conversation with empty seats... It's not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things, but if the club wanted to resolve that issue, there are more radical things they could try that might help.

Something I'd like to see is game by game seat allocation. What I mean by that is that seasoncard holders get a ticket to a specific block, not a seat. Their individual seat is assigned before each game. Fans in the lower tiers will be filled from the back forward, and in the upper tiers, from the front back. That leaves big blocks of empty seats open to match ticket holders who can then go with friends or family and have a better choice of where to sit at the game together.

It also means that when a season ticket holder can't go, they don't leave one isolated seat that's unlikely to sell. It's easier to bring a friend to a one-off game and sit with them.

For lower demand games, where the front of level 1 isn't going to sell out, we can use those rows to cover with our banners and flags - or, from a commercial perspective, you could use it as advertising.
This could work as it already happens in CL nights in blocks like mine, 105. In my block we are all moved from our usual seats and they fill up from the front so that the back of 105 is used as a corporate section. Same principle, just for one-off games and from the front rather than back like your [better] idea. So there will be people at the club who know what to do to make that work.

Pint pouring problem is taking up most of their time
I know you're saying this in a jokey way, but I have a resolution for this one too.

The catering companies that run the food kiosks at City will know how exactly how many beers they sell in their individual kiosk. They should look back at the data for the lowest number of pints they've sold (let's say in the past 5 years) both pre-match and at halftime.

Around 90 mins before kick-off, they should have staff constantly pouring pints until they hit the pre-match figure. From about 30 mins in the first half, they should have staff constantly pouring pints until they reach the half time figure.

I do quite a bit of work for displays, so I'm frequently on the concourses 2 hours before kick-off and occasionally during the first half of games. The staff stand about with a finger up their backside when it's quiet, there's no proactivity.

The only other option is to move to bottles rather than pints which would speed it up as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.