Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I know it's slightly off-topic, but re the conversation with empty seats... It's not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things, but if the club wanted to resolve that issue, there are more radical things they could try that might help.

Something I'd like to see is game by game seat allocation. What I mean by that is that seasoncard holders get a ticket to a specific block, not a seat. Their individual seat is assigned before each game. Fans in the lower tiers will be filled from the back forward, and in the upper tiers, from the front back. That leaves big blocks of empty seats open to match ticket holders who can then go with friends or family and have a better choice of where to sit at the game together.

It also means that when a season ticket holder can't go, they don't leave one isolated seat that's unlikely to sell. It's easier to bring a friend to a one-off game and sit with them.

For lower demand games, where the front of level 1 isn't going to sell out, we can use those rows to cover with our banners and flags - or, from a commercial perspective, you could use it as advertising.

I know it's slightly off-topic, but re the conversation with empty seats... It's not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things, but if the club wanted to resolve that issue, there are more radical things they could try that might help.

Something I'd like to see is game by game seat allocation. What I mean by that is that seasoncard holders get a ticket to a specific block, not a seat. Their individual seat is assigned before each game. Fans in the lower tiers will be filled from the back forward, and in the upper tiers, from the front back. That leaves big blocks of empty seats open to match ticket holders who can then go with friends or family and have a better choice of where to sit at the game together.

It also means that when a season ticket holder can't go, they don't leave one isolated seat that's unlikely to sell. It's easier to bring a friend to a one-off game and sit with them.

For lower demand games, where the front of level 1 isn't going to sell out, we can use those rows to cover with our banners and flags - or, from a commercial perspective, you could use it as advertising.

mention that to teh city matters team

An interesting idea but will never happen, people with season tickets largely feel a sense of ownership of ‘their seat’ and also the community of people they sit around.

What used to happen in the 60s and 70s was that some areas of Maine Road were just unallocated seats (like the Platt Lane End). You paid at the gate and sat where you wanted as the stand filled up. In the Maine Stand (prices were higher) and you got the same seat each week. I suspect that these days security reasons would prevent this happening but it allowed mates to sit together and to turn up on the day.

What used to happen in the 60s and 70s was that some areas of Maine Road were just unallocated seats (like the Platt Lane End). You paid at the gate and sat where you wanted as the stand filled up. In the Maine Stand (prices were higher) and you got the same seat each week. I suspect that these days security reasons would prevent this happening but it allowed mates to sit together and to turn up on the day.
Its funny, Mention The Platt Lane stand in the 1960s & all I can hear is.... SIT DOWN!
Happy days when the grass seemed much greener (even though most of it was mud in the winter)

An interesting idea but will never happen, people with season tickets largely feel a sense of ownership of ‘their seat’ and also the community of people they sit around.
It doesn't have to be that idea, but my post is more to prove a point that there are concepts and things we could trial to resolve the issue. The problem at City is there's so much red tape to go through to trial anything that nothing ever gets done.

I agree it wouldn't happen at City because of disgruntled season card holders.

This is part of the problem with the atmosphere at most all-seater stadia IMO.

People get used to, and settle in to, one seat and the group around them.

The best two atmospheres I've experienced at the new ground are Hamburg, where everyone was mixed up and Chelsea for the first game in the brand new SS3. The noise that day up there was incredible and everyone loved it, but it has never once been replicated. To me that's because everyone settled in and got comfortable.

I'd buy a SC that gave me a new spot every time as I like/prefer variety and although I get on with those around me in SS3, there's also the feeling of same old-same old. Whenever there's a cup game I try to reallocate, just for the change of scene.

To me, all Blues are my community. Not just the people I happen to sit near.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.