Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I think this attendance issue - which in some ways is exaggerated by people who claim we have 'no fans' because they are wankers - has a number of roots. If the Sheikh sat me down in front of him I could probably make some suggestions, but I'm by no means certain I would cover all the ground. Some of these issues can't be solved quickly, or without investment. Others are a consequence of legislation, some of which is near paranoid, but boil down to 'them' wanting to be able to identify who is in which seat - so no cash admission or unallocated seats. Cost is certainly one issue - the STs are OK, so are cup matches, but if you want to go to a PL match on a one-off basis it's expensive.

Atmosphere? It's created by the crowd, and cannot be artificially created. People have to be careful what they say now, a lot of the spontaneity is gone for good. The loud (deafening) music makes it almost impossible to hold a conversation, let alone start chants. Finally, the crowd is much more 'middle-class' (for want of a better term) than it used to be, and such people are more restrained, more likely to sit quietly, and perhaps clap. It's much more like a (county) cricket match than it was back in the day.

One thing I would do if I were the Sheikh would be to build a proper pub with a big bar and proper beer (not piss) at the ground. This would attract people to come early and stay late. You could even serve food. With this new arena thing coming along it would be even more of a thing. This is the model I would use: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ink-news/beer-hall-longest-bar-north-21119708

Horse crap
They couldn't even get our capacity right. It has never been 55,000. That is only for concerts not football. The capacity is now around 52,500 after the new advertising hoardings were put in. Before that it was 54,500. Total bullshit. There were plenty of empty seats at West Ham last night even though it was sold out. Presumably no-shows, not a surprise when tickets are just £10.

I doubt West Ham get many tourist fans. Their support is mainly local like ours.

You're probably right about ticket prices. I think their owners wanted to get the fans onside after a lot of unrest. One way to do that is cheaper ticket prices, as well as a successful team.

Average attendances so far this season.

*That Arsenal average attendance can't be true.

Screenshot-20211026-112318.png
I have friends who are West Ham fans, they complain about the 1000s of tourists who now fill their stadium, it is something all London clubs get. When we played at the new Tottenham stadium 2 seasons ago, it would be mo exaggeration to say there was 15000 koreans there supporting Son. City could easily match their crowds but ticketing policy and pricing is liitle short of shambolic

I have friends who are West Ham fans, they complain about the 1000s of tourists who now fill their stadium, it is something all London clubs get. When we played at the new Tottenham stadium 2 seasons ago, it would be mo exaggeration to say there was 15000 koreans there supporting Son. City could easily match their crowds but ticketing policy and pricing is liitle short of shambolic
I wouldn't say it was shambolic. That suggests disarray. I think City are very deliberate in maximising ticket revenue. The attendance against Burnley was amazing given the ticket prices.

Click on the link for the rest of the article.

Oak View Group (OVG), owners of Co-op Live, the new 23,500-capacity entertainment venue opening in Manchester, has selected Diageo as the official drinks partner when it opens in 2023.

The partnership will see Guinness become the venue’s official beer partner.....

OVG said the customer experience delivered through the partnership will be supported by activations throughout the venue including on digital platforms and in approaches to customer experience such as shortest queue alerts and click-and-collect functionality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.