Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The MMU Institute of Sport is now complete.

The plan was for a new MMU Institute of Sport building at the Etihad Campus, but MMU shelved the proposal and decided to redevelop the old Students Union building on Oxford Road instead.

1636045617419.jpeg

Either the Metrolink system cannot accommodate more frequent Mets, or the people who run Metrolink have no idea that the current service on matchdays aren’t frequent or good enough.

I’ve noticed, pre-game, Mets to Victoria/Piccadilly/Bury/Rochdale/Oldham are emptying their passengers onto Cornbrook to wait for the Ashton Met to get to the Etihad, yet not everyone can even get onto the Ashton Met at Cornbrook when it finally comes because there are too many people trying to squeeze onto it. The order of Mets arriving at Cornbrook is still in the same order… Ashton/Victoria/Piccadilly/Bury/Rochdale/Oldham/Ashton… surely there dont need to be the same number of Mets from Altrincham/Airport/Didsbury going to Victoria/Piccadilly/Bury/Rochdale/Oldham while only the same small number of Mets go from Eccles to Ashton every 12 minutes?! Surely the frequency of Eccles to/from Ashton can increase for two hours before kick off and two hours after kick off?!

There shouldn’t be any single units travelling through the Etihad in the period of two hours before and after kick off. And they should be arriving and leaving every 6 minutes.

Yet I’ve seen single units, and even on the big screens in the ground (where they’ve started showing Met times at the end of games) they’re showing waiting times for the next Met as 12 or even 24 minutes. That’s not good enough!

The whole system needs looking at for the period required for matches.
They show team times on the big screens ? Since when ? All through match ? Just at the end ? You mean the big screens in the corners or. TVs in bath areas etc as a season ticket holder for years I have never seen any times not that I would be looking for it

They show team times on the big screens ? Since when ? All through match ? Just at the end ? You mean the big screens in the corners or. TVs in bath areas etc as a season ticket holder for years I have never seen any times not that I would be looking for it
You can have a bath at the game now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.