Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Compare that to City and and the Bluemooners who gloat about deferring their season cards (as opposed to the fans in genuine need).

we have no current demand for expand the stadium. That’s life.
Our hardcore support is now 50,000 . Up from 30,000, and then 40,000. When it’s a big game it’s a full house, PSG, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. We’re getting there slowly. Better ticket prices(Brugges), purchasing tickets easier, etc, would definitely increase the attendances further

Sheikh Mansour is paying for it.

Disappointing to see that when the facade Etihad and the surrounding grounds of the Etihad look like a tired and scruffy old place these days.

That deal died ages ago

Compare that to City and and the Bluemooners who gloat about deferring their season cards (as opposed to the fans in genuine need).

we have no current demand for expand the stadium. That’s life.
Sensible priced tickets and easy purchase/entry and the demand would be there, we have a lot to learn about ticket availability and selling.

Sensible priced tickets and easy purchase/entry and the demand would be there, we have a lot to learn about ticket availability and selling.

You'd have thought certain people who have been in charge of City for a decade would have learnt by now. No?

But when you've got the 2 guys at the top, Khaldoon and Soriano, demanding an across the board increase in matchday revenues, the Directors below them, and the Mangers below them, have to do what they're told and find ways of increasing matchday revenues, even if that's unpopular amongst City's fan base.

Brugges was a prime example of the increase in attendance for the match when you get the ticket pricing right.

I accept the club doesn't have to look at lowering ticket prices for games like PSG, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc, as City fans will always pay what the have to watch those matches.

You'd have thought certain people who have been in charge of City for a decade would have learnt by now. No?

But when you've got the 2 guys at the top, Khaldoon and Soriano, demanding an across the board increase in matchday revenues, the Directors below them, and the Mangers below them, have to do what they're told and find ways of increasing matchday revenues, even if that's unpopular amongst City's fan base.

Brugges was a prime example of the increase in attendance for the match when you get the ticket pricing right.

I accept the club doesn't have to look at lowering ticket prices for games like PSG, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc, as City fans will always pay what the have to watch those matches.
Thousands of people have been priced out of the game they love and with a rapidly ageing fan base we need to be careful.

We play the best football in Europe, have some of the worlds finest players, managed by the worlds best coach, yet we make a hash of selling tickets.

Midweek games, early rounds of Cups and lesser Prem games we should be almost giving the kids free tickets if accompanied by an adult. A kid walking into that stadium for the first time will be hooked for life, it's not rocket science.

Also make tickets available on the day of a game, easy to purchase and like in the old Platt Lane days, fist come, first served in terms of where you sit. That allows mates/family's to sit together and enjoy the game.

Sheikh Mansour is paying for it.

Disappointing to see that when the facade Etihad and the surrounding grounds of the Etihad look like a tired and scruffy old place these days.
He later withdrew from that deal iirc and they had to get funding from the US

I agree that for a one-off game, the prices are too expensive, and an element of the traditional working class demographic has undeniably been priced out of the market.

However, price elasticity also works the other way, and it appears that by deliberately focusing on the next generation, and offering ridiculously cheap Season Tickets to young families, this has caused the situation where some seats may have been bought, but only used for the more attractive fixtures, as the parents pick and choose.

Contrast that with the swamp yesterday where for the first time in my life, I sensed an ageing fanbase, when compared to the ETIHAD.

You post lots of great stuff JRB but I don’t think the majority of this forum buy this get out of jail free card argument for the Bolton fan any more.

I can’t imagine it’s Khaldoon or Sorinano
Insisting thst the last few hundred PSG tickets are priced at around £400 to be in SSL3 / Vermillion. Yes there will be pressure on the second tier Directors to increase revenues but it’s their choice whether to do that in an unsustainable way like only putting 1,100 tickets on sale for the Derby to season card holders; holding a fictitious second ballot for Aguero’s last game; and introducing mobile ticketing in one fell swoop.

I would like to see cheaper tickets but there’s many more things that are affecting the match day experience. I’m just glad the football
Is brilliant and we have lots of top Blues on this forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.