Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The gigs that are on for a number of nights in a row like Take That probably reduce the set up hassles

Yes, they just need setting up once, but whilst they are on, they are obviously using up days by being 'on' & then when they finish, the gear needs bringing down, so rather than using up several days, they take over a week.

Yes, they just need setting up once, but whilst they are on, they are obviously using up days by being 'on' & then when they finish, the gear needs bringing down, so rather than using up several days, they take over a week.

I don't understand the issue? They're here making us money, of course other acts as a result will have to go elsewhere, as long as we're being used who cares...

Mike Sweeney show on BBC Manchester.

Metrolink question and answer show.

2 representatives from Metrolink.

Caller rang in complaining about the dreadful Etihad matchday Metrolink service.

Metrolink are aware of the issues and constant complaints and are doing a full review of the service, and there will be changes to it next season.

Mike Sweeney show on BBC Manchester.

Metrolink question and answer show.

2 representatives from Metrolink.

Caller rang in complaining about the dreadful Etihad matchday Metrolink service.

Metrolink are aware of the issues and constant complaints and are doing a full review of the service, and there will be changes to it next season.
Expect a Priority Priority Lane, for a small premium.

How much do we reckon half a dozen trams would cost to buy? Maybe City could look at buying them and have them on a continous loop on match and event days, 2-3 quid return ...jobs a good Un, or is that too simple

How much do we reckon half a dozen trams would cost to buy? Maybe City could look at buying them and have them on a continous loop on match and event days, 2-3 quid return ...jobs a good Un, or is that too simple
No need pal, and I've spoke about this a few times. The revenue from matchday/ event fans will provide a healthy cash flow over a season to Metrolink. Just lay on extra trams on event days, especially immediately post event.

No need pal, and I've spoke about this a few times. The revenue from matchday/ event fans will provide a healthy cash flow over a season to Metrolink. Just lay on extra trams on event days, especially immediately post event.
I suspect the issue is with getting trams through Piccadilly as it merges with road traffic. More trams will probably mean slower journeys and additional snarl ups. There's only one track and that's the problem.

The solution is more tracks or combining services with buses to convey passengers without needing to go through the city centre.

From a purely selfish perspective, I would have buses taking passengers to Central Park for the Rochdale line and Queens Road for the Bury line. I'm sure similar could be argued for connecting to routes going south. That requires little infrastructure investment initially. Just need to have a single ticket system. If it proves popular, then they could look at building a track up ATW.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.