Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

i was walking up holt town and the back way into the ground and seen a train on the tracks near the athletics stadium and fought why not build a stop just behind the athletics stadium and it got me thinking ?? why not i thinks its the ashton line anyway from piccadilly so just add more trains on match days and it would be easy for all the fans

I went to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift last few week and the mrs was at Beyoncé last night - average 50k at each - great boost for the local economy.

One thing we are desperately missing at the Etihad is a huge indoor fan zone for before and after the game. Could even have retractable roof or doors for nice days.

I went to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift last few week and the mrs was at Beyoncé last night - average 50k at each - great boost for the local economy.

One thing we are desperately missing at the Etihad is a huge indoor fan zone for before and after the game. Could even have retractable roof or doors for nice days.
I was at Murrayfield Stadium for the Rolling Stones last weekend and mate, it really made me appreciate the Etihad and its facilities. Nowhere to sit outside and drink a beer, toilets a disgrace, particularly the women’s (according to the Mrs). Nothing resembling City Square, the concourse narrow and dirty, seats much smaller with less leg room. An indoor fan zone would be fantastic but what we have is better than most.

I was at Murrayfield Stadium for the Rolling Stones last weekend and mate, it really made me appreciate the Etihad and its facilities. Nowhere to sit outside and drink a beer, toilets a disgrace, particularly the women’s (according to the Mrs). Nothing resembling City Square, the concourse narrow and dirty, seats much smaller with less leg room. An indoor fan zone would be fantastic but what we have is better than most.

I agree - our stadium is magnificent in many ways. Love it.

I suspect the issue is with getting trams through Piccadilly as it merges with road traffic. More trams will probably mean slower journeys and additional snarl ups. There's only one track and that's the problem.

The solution is more tracks or combining services with buses to convey passengers without needing to go through the city centre.

From a purely selfish perspective, I would have buses taking passengers to Central Park for the Rochdale line and Queens Road for the Bury line. I'm sure similar could be argued for connecting to routes going south. That requires little infrastructure investment initially. Just need to have a single ticket system. If it proves popular, then they could look at building a track up ATW.
More Mets would mean closing the roads that the Met line is on to cars/buses/taxis. Not a bad thing, less cars on the road the better

amazing how much booze you can sell when the 'customer' is allowed to take it with them to their seat or (heaven forbid) standing area

amazing how much booze you can sell when the 'customer' is allowed to take it with them to their seat or (heaven forbid) standing area
Exactly, the dumb catering manager might to weigh up the difference between being at a football match for about two hours with one 15 minute window to drink and a concert lasting several hours when food and drink can be consumed throughout, and in the comfort of your seat as you said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.