Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Exactly, the dumb catering manager might to weigh up the difference between being at a football match for about two hours with one 15 minute window to drink and a concert lasting several hours when food and drink can be consumed throughout, and in the comfort of your seat as you said.

He was just making an observation that the concerts are lucrative and using match day income as a measure. Just like one match use of a "Connell Club" seat is three years season ticket for me.

On the subject of how to make an end wall fit onto a tiered stadium, heres how spurs did it - the wall seating just about aligns with the middle tier, sits below/behind the top tier and in front/above of the lower tier - the lower tier option works for them because the wall stand curves right round to the side - not sure we could do it like this
spurswallcorner.jpg

Last edited:
If needed, happy for North Stand to be a complete copy of the South. One thing is building a "one end" or a larger tier.. but if your a million miles away from the pitch like the Swamp it's going to kill the atmosphere altogether.

As I said before, the distance from the back of that new Spurs Stand to the half-way line is a whole football pitch! So from back of stand to opposite goal is 1.5 footy pitches! Too far IMO.

If needed, happy for North Stand to be a complete copy of the South. One thing is building a "one end" or a larger tier.. but if your a million miles away from the pitch like the Swamp it's going to kill the atmosphere altogether.

As I said before, the distance from the back of that new Spurs Stand to the half-way line is a whole football pitch! So from back of stand to opposite goal is 1.5 footy pitches! Too far IMO.
Its a good point I haven't thought of before. Been in the east and cb 3 rd tiers and it's still a decent veiw, that would be lost at the back of a single tier unless it was very steep not sure how Dortmund is for that.

Seats removed for the concerts. Pitch is getting done again.

Try and imagine Safe Standing Seats installed on those terraces. And a large single or a large 2nd tier. City! City! City!

Instagram.

Screenshot_20180624-164717_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Its a good point I haven't thought of before. Been in the east and cb 3 rd tiers and it's still a decent veiw, that would be lost at the back of a single tier unless it was very steep not sure how Dortmund is for that.
Imagine, sitting at the back of the South Stand and thinking "this is a bit high", but then also building back another half a stand in distance. It'd be too far away.

Flatten the north stand, build a four teir Kippax replica that leans over the pitch. The external supports can be shaped to look like a massive flagship and slap a few trimmings on it to form a huge club crest embossed onto a moon rising from the ground. You're welcome.

Flatten the north stand, build a four teir Kippax replica that leans over the pitch. The external supports can be shaped to look like a massive flagship and slap a few trimmings on it to form a huge club crest embossed onto a moon rising from the ground. You're welcome.

Scale it down to one tier (Reducing capacity to around 50k, and use stone to make a centre-piece IMO..

stade-louis-ii-ouest.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.