Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Scale it down to one tier (Reducing capacity to around 50k, and use stone to make a centre-piece IMO..

stade-louis-ii-ouest.jpg

Yes, the gas towers or clubshop will make a great backdrop. For me, the centrepiece of any ground is the green thingy that the sack of air gets booted around on.

There are plenty of great stands out there.

Sec-game-1-046-e1378310615386.jpg

Or really steep?
1200px-RheinEnergieStadion_K%C3%B6ln_011.jpg

fe552c3416c3e7f9f3bd99b5f45598f10750c231-1413305994.jpg

steep would allow sponsors to have their logo on the empty seats most games, right?

estadio-mestalla-south.jpg

But this stand wouldn't be good for standing

22032009001.jpg

If needed, happy for North Stand to be a complete copy of the South. One thing is building a "one end" or a larger tier.. but if your a million miles away from the pitch like the Swamp it's going to kill the atmosphere altogether.

As I said before, the distance from the back of that new Spurs Stand to the half-way line is a whole football pitch! So from back of stand to opposite goal is 1.5 footy pitches! Too far IMO.

https://goo.gl/images/tYW63A

Its a good point I haven't thought of before. Been in the east and cb 3 rd tiers and it's still a decent veiw, that would be lost at the back of a single tier unless it was very steep not sure how Dortmund is for that.
I started off in ESL1, and I used to think it felt like I wasn’t really in the stadium. Tiering detaches you from the feel of the game (or it did me). So I moved down to Level 1. Even being further back in a single tier would still give you the feeling of being part of the game.

It seems very likely that Manchester Met are going to relocate their Crewe campus to the Etihad Campus. If so, then there should also be scope to build halls of residence / flats and that will lead to more bars and restaurants making the area more welcoming for City fans.

It seems very likely that Manchester Met are going to relocate their Crewe campus to the Etihad Campus. If so, then there should also be scope to build halls of residence / flats and that will lead to more bars and restaurants making the area more welcoming for City fans.
Would be good to have a Manchester version of Headingley in Leeds around the Etihad. Loads of good pubs and bars for the football fans on matchdays and students the rest of the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.