Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

why are people obsessed about extending our stadium?

If we can have the seats filled up more that are regularly empty then yes let's talk about it.
If a football stadium is ever full, that means it’s too small. If the Etihad is full 15 times a season, that means we can sell further tickets on top of that for those 15 games which means we should expand.

I’m just hoping they change the outside surface, some of them cracks are nearly as old as the stadium. Plus it still has the old badge haha.

Do clubs really need to continuously upgrade to shiny new stadiums though? I don't think so. I think decent facilities are fine. Stadiums should be ...
1. Safe for everyone (easy entry and exit, secure, monitoring, police, stewards, etc)
2. Relatively comfortable seats with good views
3. Conducive to a good atmosphere
4. Good facilities (toilets, sanitizers, water, heat/cool, etc)
5. Good hospitality (music, food, tvs, communal areas)

We have all that and over time each can be improved. Most clubs have decent stadiums for where they are. A few (like united) seem to be behind and need a massive redo. If we fall behind others it's not a big deal imo.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
We certainly do not have point 5 as it's terrible on the concourses.

So.

North Stand expansion.
Stadium exterior upgrade.
Improved transport.
Etc.

Sheikh Mansour best get his cheque book out again because with 3 shareholders looking for a return on a £2.4mill profit, there won't be much money left to get that done.

So.

North Stand expansion.
Stadium exterior upgrade.
Improved transport.
Etc.

Sheikh Mansour best get his cheque book out again because with 3 shareholders looking for a return on a £2.4mill profit, there won't be much money left to get that done.

The return comes from the increase in value of their stake not from back pocketing the club’s funds.

Last edited:
The return comes from the increase in value of their stake not from back pocketing the club’s funds.

Stakes can go down as well as up. It's always tricky to know when to sell or to continue holding on to your investment.

To get everything done, bar the transport, which isn't City's responsibility, Sheikh Massour will either have to fund it himself, or the club will have to find the money elsewhere, be it financing, selling more of CFG , or using the money from the 2 previous CFG sales, whicih I pressume is still in the Bank? Maybe the £175mill invetment in the Coop Live Arena by CFG has come out of that money?

China Media Capital, £265mill, 13% of CFG.
Silverlake, £389mill, 10% of CFG.

It's all wild guesses and speculation.

Stakes can go down as well as up. It's always tricky to know when to sell or to continue holding on to your investment.

To get everything done, bar the transport, which isn't City's responsibility, Sheikh Massour will either have to fund it himself, or the club will have to find the money elsewhere, be it financing, selling more of CFG , or using the money from the 2 previous CFG sales, whicih I pressume is still in the Bank? Maybe the £175mill invetment in the Coop Live Arena by CFG has come out of that money?

China Media Capital, £265mill, 13% of CFG.
Silverlake, £389mill, 10% of CFG.

It's all wild guesses and speculation.

dont forget general trade and investment away from city as well though mate? Not everything includes football with our shareholders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.