Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

THis is a stunning development and shows we have to really push the boat out in developing the Etihad if we want to compete on and off the pitch with the best.
Do clubs really need to continuously upgrade to shiny new stadiums though? I don't think so. I think decent facilities are fine. Stadiums should be ...
1. Safe for everyone (easy entry and exit, secure, monitoring, police, stewards, etc)
2. Relatively comfortable seats with good views
3. Conducive to a good atmosphere
4. Good facilities (toilets, sanitizers, water, heat/cool, etc)
5. Good hospitality (music, food, tvs, communal areas)

We have all that and over time each can be improved. Most clubs have decent stadiums for where they are. A few (like united) seem to be behind and need a massive redo. If we fall behind others it's not a big deal imo.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Do clubs really need to continuously upgrade to shiny new stadiums though? I don't think so. I think decent facilities are fine. Stadiums should be ...
1. Safe for everyone (easy entry and exit, secure, monitoring, police, stewards, etc)

We have all that and over time each can be improved. Most clubs have decent stadiums for where they are. A few (like united) seem to be behind and need a massive redo. If we fall behind others it's not a big deal imo.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
A stadium is the statement piece of the club, I understand what your saying but at the end of the day, great clubs usually have great stadiums.

No coincidence that the rags are in as much decline as the theater of laughs

If, has been hinted it will be a mirror image is there a need for a new design ?
Yes. You don't place £70-80m contracts on rebadged drawings from years earlier.

It can't be a mirror image either as levels 1 and 2 are not the same as the south stand was pre expansion.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
Our stadium couldn’t be less conducive to having a good atmosphere if we tried. That we ever have a good atmosphere is amazing considering everything we have going against it at our ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.