Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

hi

What evidence have you got that the Club wants empty seats?

Efforts to get stay away season card holders to turn up more often are usually contested on here.

They don't want empty seats but they do want to maximise revenue. Pricing is crazy for some games. Games that would get a lot more people if priced accordingly. My point is that we want a sold out ground with 10,000 more true blues. But if the club can get 5000 turn up paying double anthem grow that to the full 10,000 they will. Local fans will get priced out for whoever pays more.

I just want to see a balance. Make as much as you can from those with cash, corporate don't care too much what price they pay. But try to get as many cheap tickets as possible to retain loyal fans and attract new or dormant local support too.

They don't want empty seats but they do want to maximise revenue. Pricing is crazy for some games. Games that would get a lot more people if priced
You say that but the games with the most expensive matchday tickets will be the ones with the least empty seats, mainly because nearly all season ticket holders turn up and dont put their tickets on re sale, secondly they are the games the away sell out so there are no returned away blocks, thirdly they are the games matchday buyers try and get tickets for first.
The games with empty seats are usually games that are less attractive, s/c holders don’t bother with and mid week or against teams that return at least one tier.Quite often the games with the cheapest match day tickets.
There are 2 different things, and more often than not don’t correllate.

Last edited:
He probably sharing it with 4 people.
He probably just misunderstood the difference between home games (19) in a season and total games in a season (38), as the ratio of his cost per game of £14 is half of the £28.
So essentially he’s a billy bullshit or a muppet at maths/understanding a league of home/away matches.
Ie a united fan

They don't want empty seats but they do want to maximise revenue. Pricing is crazy for some games. Games that would get a lot more people if priced accordingly. My point is that we want a sold out ground with 10,000 more true blues. But if the club can get 5000 turn up paying double anthem grow that to the full 10,000 they will. Local fans will get priced out for whoever pays more.

I just want to see a balance. Make as much as you can from those with cash, corporate don't care too much what price they pay. But try to get as many cheap tickets as possible to retain loyal fans and attract new or dormant local support too.
I am all for cheaper seats mate but since only a few hundred single tickets go unsold for most Prem games then your figures don’t really add up. We’ve even been selling plenty of returned tickets from the away Team’s fans.

Most of the seats that are unoccupied are season card holders who haven’t shown up.

Last edited:
Could be a f. o. c. as they also reduce prices by half.
No. The £350 quoted is for a senior. United prices are not lower than City. Try buying a season ticket in London for much below £2,000!

United season tickets are a lot cheaper than you will find at any of the big London clubs and I expect at Liverpool too. But City have generally lower prices than most. In some cases this is as less than many teams in lower divisions.

All these transport ideas are pie in the sky. There is a metro stop at the stadium. All that needs to be done is put on more trams on a match day and when there is a gig on and bingo it’s sorted.

There will be something in the region of 4.5m a year visiting the stadium and Arena from 2023.

And then we will get the the bars/restaurants/hotels which will also follow in the next 2 or 3 years which will increase the footfall even further

With the buses also coming public control by 2025 I would be sure the transport to the Etihad will be fit for purpose at some point !

How soon it will be sorted is the question.
There’s going to be no Metrolink from Piccadilly to Ashton between 2024 and 2026(at least) because of HS2 works at Piccadilly.

Talking to a rag on holiday, says his ST cost him £14 a game, not any wonder they have a large crowd, that or he's a Billy Bullshit.
They’ve frozen their ST prices for 11 straight years (and they moan about the Glazers!). An equivalent seat to mine at Old Trafford was nearly twice the price 11 years ago, now mine is more expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.