Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Somebody may correct me if I’m wrong but I think the limit you can sell on it is ten. As far as I’m aware you can list unlimited until it has sold ten times then you’re blocked.
So you can be a season ticket holder and attend less than half the games, no system is completely fair as someone pointed out with doing shift work and last minute stuff.
It does appear very generous from the club, I'd be pissed off if I was in the queue.

An expanded North Stand will pay for itself eventually, whether that’s 5, 10, or 15 years later. City will never lose money on a North Stand expansion, long-term, just like they won’t lose money on the South Stand expansion.

How many years will it take the CFG to make money from the Coop Live Arena after investing £175mill in it? Don’t forget, CFG have to split any profit with OVG and Harry Styles.

By the time City have paid off the 250 year Etihad Stadium (Council House, arf) lease/rent, it will have cost City close to £1.000.000.

I’m not getting all these arguments that City won’t recoup the cost of expanding the North Stand because they will. (eventually)

Your point is true but, we don’t live in a vacuum… ADUG only have so much money to invest and they are no fools - if they can invest £300m and get a return in 7 years or invest the same and get it back in 25 - which will they chose. In all organisations there is competition for funds - so the City Board will make a case that secures the investment - and that’ll include a timeframe for a realistic return on the investment.

I think you are missing a few zeros on the cost of the”Council House” mate.

There's going to be a new North Stand. It’s just a question of what it will look like, the price of the tickets etc. FWIW, the income raised from the North Stand probably doesn’t have to deliver the return on investment alone because more corporates sales in East Stand Level 2 (North East side) and possibly the equivalent seats in CB2 (eventually) might be factored into the calculations. As might extra bar and club shop capacity (income forecasts) behind the North Stand. I realise that would only cover a small part of the cost.
Sorry, I am. :-)

Would have been easier to write £1billion.

So you can be a season ticket holder and attend less than half the games, no system is completely fair as someone pointed out with doing shift work and last minute stuff.
It does appear very generous from the club, I'd be pissed off if I was in the queue.
It’s a difficult one but there are a lot of people who seem to buy a season ticket in order to guarantee their seat for the big games and simply leave it empty for the rest.
Which is unfair as I personally know someone who hasn’t got a season ticket but attended all barring two home games last season including all cup and champions league games and would like a season ticket but has no guarantees of getting one.
I suspect there are thousands of people who would make better use of a season ticket than a lot of the people who currently have them.

In the queue? There’s no real waiting list is there?

There might be people who are on there but turn down tickets as they aren’t in the area they want or have enough spaces together for friends/family.

But my understanding was if you want a ST you will be offered one?

In the queue? There’s no real waiting list is there?

There might be people who are on there but turn down tickets as they aren’t in the area they want or have enough spaces together for friends/family.

But my understanding was if you want a ST you will be offered one?
I genuinely don’t know how they work it so I can’t comment. I don’t know why they can’t create a waiting list however if they don’t. Surely cutting out the people who don’t want a season ticket would make things a lot easier?

Your point is true but, we don’t live in a vacuum… ADUG only have so much money to invest and they are no fools - if they can invest £300m and get a return in 7 years or invest the same and get it back in 25 - which will they chose. In all organisations there is competition for funds - so the City Board will make a case that secures the investment - and that’ll include a timeframe for a realistic return on the investment.

There has never been a cost/s attached to expanding the North Stand as no plans or designs have ever been made public. But there have been some wild and fanciful costs posted on here in my opinion.

Liverpool’s main (side) stand expansion that created an additional 8,500 seats cost £110mill.

The Anfield Road (behind the goal) expansion is costing £80mill and will add 7000 seats, bringing Anfield’s capacity to 61,000.

That is due to “changes to the design and the increase in the bill for construction,” raising FSG’s investment – which has come partly in loans to the club and an expansion of its credit facility – to around £250 million.

Fast forward to 1:45 to bypass the Scouse guff.

Going off the Anfield Road expansion and cost above, a worst case scenario of expanding the North stand by 10,000, making the Etihad, 63,000, which has always been the final expansion capacity figure, give or take, would cost £100mill-£125mill, depending on how complex and ambitious any North Stand expansion design is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.