Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Purely fantasy, but I would love it if Mansour said fuck it and built the best stadium in the world. The Etihad feels like home, but the outside looks a bit dull and the south stand third tier doesn’t match up to the East and Colin Bell Stands.
I used to think the same way but as time goes by less so. moments like the aguero and lately the villa game and derby wins but also other less glamour games like the uefa game v Hamburg etc are building a real feeling of belonging, history and heritage attached to being in the Etihad. I’m more in tune with extending and enhancing it. Also I think it looks quite iconic compare to arsenal and spurs, as good a stadium as it is.

Ring us? They won’t even pick up when you dial them!
To start off he apiogused for the time taken to answ3r calls and that they were working on it. Not very hard it seems.
It's. been outsourced and whoever operates it has employers around the country. Last time an Irishman in London dealt with me.
Oh just remembered, they were aware of the problem of working your way up the queue and then falling back one or two places but they could not explain it!!

First line of the details of what they plan to do... "Increase floor standing capacity"

If your releasing a plan to try to keep up with a brand new state-of-the-art purpose built venue down the road, you surely focus on the improvements your going to try to make to the acoustics, visitor experience etc. and slip the 'increase capacity ' bit in at the end.

It reads a bit like "we'll just cram more of you in to make more money" if you start with that?

Joe Public aren’t the arena’s customers. Events promoters are. And sellable capacity is one of (if not the) most important thing to promoters.

So very true and not many musical artists worry about sound acoustics, money is No 1.

That’s not really true at all. Artists generally really do care a lot.

The big promoters try and get away with as little expenditure as they can to maximise profits.

It’s perfectly possible to get an arena to sound great, but it means the promoter hiring the appropriate PA system. Which is a big cost - so things are almost always trimmed down, at the detriment to the sound. Even acoustically close to perfect rooms like the Bridgewater Hall can sound shit if the right system isn’t used.

Big venues are often dry hires - just a big empty box, and the promoter has to sort the PA, lighting, etc.

(I do this for a living)

Yeah didn't think of it like that but your right

It’s a competition thing. If your venue is X larger than the competitor, it puts you at an advantage when promoters are costing out shows. And at high ticket prices, a small increase in sellable capacity can mean a big difference to the financial outcome of the event.

That’s not really true at all. Artists generally really do care a lot.

The big promoters try and get away with as little expenditure as they can to maximise profits.

It’s perfectly possible to get an arena to sound great, but it means the promoter hiring the appropriate PA system. Which is a big cost - so things are almost always trimmed down, at the detriment to the sound. Even acoustically close to perfect rooms like the Bridgewater Hall can sound shit if the right system isn’t used.

Big venues are often dry hires - just a big empty box, and the promoter has to sort the PA, lighting, etc.

(I do this for a living)
Ok fair comment but from what I have witnessed from some serious artists , cash is king.

It’s a competition thing. If your venue is X larger than the competitor, it puts you at an advantage when promoters are costing out shows. And at high ticket prices, a small increase in sellable capacity can mean a big difference to the financial outcome of the event.

The AQ Arena might have a slightly bigger capacity, but it won't have the amount of premium lounges, boxes, areas that the Coop Live Arena will have. Bar ticket sales, that's where the money is. Ask Soriano.

To start off he apiogused for the time taken to answ3r calls and that they were working on it. Not very hard it seems.
It's. been outsourced and whoever operates it has employers around the country. Last time an Irishman in London dealt with me.
Oh just remembered, they were aware of the problem of working your way up the queue and then falling back one or two places but they could not explain it!!
They could do worse than have local people to man phones most of whom could be fans themselves and have good knowledge of what they are dealing with and a bit more empathy I’d say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.