Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That’s not really true at all. Artists generally really do care a lot.

The big promoters try and get away with as little expenditure as they can to maximise profits.

It’s perfectly possible to get an arena to sound great, but it means the promoter hiring the appropriate PA system. Which is a big cost - so things are almost always trimmed down, at the detriment to the sound. Even acoustically close to perfect rooms like the Bridgewater Hall can sound shit if the right system isn’t used.

Big venues are often dry hires - just a big empty box, and the promoter has to sort the PA, lighting, etc.

(I do this for a living)
A question mate as you seem to know your onions. A lots said about the the co op being a much better venue than Mcr arena. But isn’t the arena part of a chain of arenas in uk that could block book artists and force them out of playing our venue?

That’s not really true at all. Artists generally really do care a lot.

The big promoters try and get away with as little expenditure as they can to maximise profits.

It’s perfectly possible to get an arena to sound great, but it means the promoter hiring the appropriate PA system. Which is a big cost - so things are almost always trimmed down, at the detriment to the sound. Even acoustically close to perfect rooms like the Bridgewater Hall can sound shit if the right system isn’t used.

Big venues are often dry hires - just a big empty box, and the promoter has to sort the PA, lighting, etc.

(I do this for a living)
Thanks for the insight :)

When you say do this for a living, do you mean promotion, working with promoters on venue hire, or kit the venues out with sound & lighting?

Thanks for the insight :)

When you say do this for a living, do you mean promotion, working with promoters on venue hire, or kit the venues out with sound & lighting?

Sells confectionary from a kiosk. -:)

Sorry, in reality I have enjoyed reading the insight.

They could do worse than have local people to man phones most of whom could be fans themselves and have good knowledge of what they are dealing with and a bit more empathy I’d say
Nature of the beast I'm afraid. They can't employ enough full time staff to cover the lines (say) 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year when the incoming calls are very much up and down. ST renewal time will be extremely busy and so they have to farm some of the capacity out to call centres around the country. They'll get minimal training and I know a local call centre that got a contract for the NHS track & trace, that are now being pursued for some of the money back as they fudged the figures.

Nice of them to be arsed making some improvements after decades of doing nothing.

And I thought their smear campaign against the Co-op was based on how Manchester couldn’t possibly sustain 2 x venues - yet here they are investing 50m !!!

There is nothing £50m will do to make it anywhere near a patch on the Co-op.

The Co-op will be better in every way imaginable. The AO seem to think making the capacity a few hundred more than the Co-op is the important thing. The reality is there will be a purpose built music venue versus an out of date sports arena with shit facilities and shit acoustics.
Yep - was there for the Queen concert last week, Facilities awful, concourse awful, seats very uncomfortable and the acoustics really are shit - half ruined what was otherwise a great show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.