Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

A question mate as you seem to know your onions. A lots said about the the co op being a much better venue than Mcr arena. But isn’t the arena part of a chain of arenas in uk that could block book artists and force them out of playing our venue?
Agents represent artists and have relationships with particular promoters. Promoters have their preferred venues (but often diary availability and having to line this up between artist and venue..).

Venues in and of themselves have fuck all control over blocking artists from playing elsewhere.

The biggest player being Live Nation - who are promoters, venue operators (all the 'O2' / Academy group venues in this country) and ticket agents (Ticketmaster).

Their vertical integration is insane.

The Mcr Arena is owned by ASM - American company who own Leeds arena, OVO Wembley, the Hydro in Glasgow, loads of others. They're in the business of hiring out a room to promoters, not getting involved with artists or doing any in-house bookings.

Agents represent artists and have relationships with particular promoters. Promoters have their preferred venues (but often diary availability and having to line this up between artist and venue..).

Venues in and of themselves have fuck all control over blocking artists from playing elsewhere.

The biggest player being Live Nation - who are promoters, venue operators (all the 'O2' / Academy group venues in this country) and ticket agents (Ticketmaster).

The Mcr Arena is owned by ASM - American company who own Leeds arena, OVO Wembley, the Hydro in Glasgow, loads of others. They're in the business of hiring out a room to promoters, not getting involved with artists or doing any in-house bookings.
Yeah I kind of meant promoters when I said artists. ASM Global certainly have a lot of venues under their wing that’s for sure. They seem a sort of city football group of entertainment venue! If I were them I’d be doing deals to cut of co op live that’s for sure. Block book u2 to play their 3 or 4 biggest uk venues at a bigger cut if they leave out co op live from the tour type of thing. I wonder if silverlake and adug have any plans to expand joint ventures in other locations, in particular Cfg locations, melbourne, New York etc…..

Huge day for transport this Saturday.

60,000 at Etihad for Ed Sheeran
80,000 at Heaton Park got Parklife
50,000 at LCCC for the Killers
15,000 at AO Arena for Alicia Keys
Great bit of planning that is, will be carnage And lots of early leavers!

Saw these a while back and wondered if it would steer things arena way.

Live Nation And Oak View Group Partner For New Arena In São Paulo​

Live Nation And Oak View Group To Bring A New Arena To Cardiff​

OAK VIEW GROUP PARTNERS WITH LIVE NATION TO BUILD AND RUN NEW ARENA IN MILAN, ITALY​

OAK VIEW GROUP INKS DEAL WITH TICKETMASTER TO PROVIDE TICKETING SERVICES ACROSS ITS WORLD-CLASS Venues​

These were taken from the Live Nation website.

Also

LIVE NATION COMPANIES NOW MANAGE OVER 500 ARTISTS WORLDWIDE​

and the arena seems tailor made for
UFC which is owned by Endeavour which has a relationship with Silver Lake

"US private equity giant Silver Lake is investing $500 million in the owner of Manchester City"

Our guys seem to be building something special with their mates

NYNEX always seemed to be sjm linked

Last edited:
Huge day for transport this Saturday.

60,000 at Etihad for Ed Sheeran
80,000 at Heaton Park got Parklife
50,000 at LCCC for the Killers
15,000 at AO Arena for Alicia Keys
I'd rather lick dog piss off a stinging nettle than be at any of those venues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.