Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I really shouldn't question your mate who's an Architect, but Architect's and Engineers can come up with solutions to solve almost any building design problem. I'm sure there's a solution to creating a single tier North Stand whilsts still supporting the current and remaining roof around the Etihad. Maybe not?
I’m not disagreeing with you but there is an exponential cost ratio when it comes to experimental design and build projects.

My mates an architect and according to him no chance of building a one tier stand as the configuration would be impossible to fit in with the wire continary of the current ground that supports the roof ! I haven't a clue but he said you only have to look at the south stand extention will still has the roof support from the original stand running across it !
Genuine question though, how did the three roofs stay up when it was the Commonwealth Games before the stadium was reconfigured for football and the NS added.

Genuine question though, how did the three roofs stay up when it was the Commonwealth Games before the stadium was reconfigured for football and the NS added.

The wire and support poles were already fitted pre games

_61797616_city_of_manchester_stadium_getty.jpg

City-of-Manchester-Stadium.jpg

The cable net runs under the South stand does it not? It doesn't support the South stand roof at all and regardless of 1,2 or 3 tiers, the North stand roof won't be any different. They could duplicate the South stand and leave the cable net supporting the E & W roofs but it restricts the height of the S stand due to line of sight. I can see them replacing the E & W roofs at the same time as expanding the N stand so they can finally remove the entire cable net system. That may explain the delay as much as anything.
Don't know only going on what I was told but is the cable necessary to support the rest of the roof that joins the east and west stands ?

The wire and support poles were already fitted pre games

_61797616_city_of_manchester_stadium_getty.jpg

City-of-Manchester-Stadium.jpg
So they could remove the North Stand and leave that there, maybe? Or perhaps it’s too risky, slow or expensive to de-construct the stand without affecting the wire. Worth it for 7k seats or whatever? Not for me, I think a 75k seater would be a real statement for the club and Manchester, seeing as the one in the neighbouring borough is an embarrassment.

I’m not disagreeing with you but there is an exponential cost ratio when it comes to experimental design and build projects.
Also the North Stand extention would be a more complex build as they would need to remove part of City Sq and perhaps the club store as well and relocating them on a temporary basis would become an issue !

I really shouldn't question your mate who's an Architect, but Architect's and Engineers can come up with solutions to solve almost any building design problem. I'm sure there's a solution to creating a single tier North Stand whilsts still supporting the current and remaining roof around the Etihad. Maybe not?
Thinks its to do with the hight of a one tier stand the cable across the top of the stand supports both the East and West stand and couldn't be raised any higher but much more clever people than me I'm sure will be working on the project !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.