Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Hi guys!

For everyone who has visited the Etihad Stadium to watch a game, where is the best place to sit?
Looking at the stadium overview, section 104-105-106 seem to be the nicest ones. Do you guys agree?
Try and get on the second tier - best view by far if you don't mind being elevated a bit from the pitch - see above for the 1st tier issue, and the 3rd tier is binocular territory for me

Hi guys!

For everyone who has visited the Etihad Stadium to watch a game, where is the best place to sit?
Looking at the stadium overview, section 104-105-106 seem to be the nicest ones. Do you guys agree?
As others have said, there's no bad seats. Those at the edges of the pitch are a bit close for me but you do feel really involved in the game and a chance to get your fizzle on MOTD too! Don't expect to see the other side of the pitch from there.

I sit in 101 much further back about level with the 18yd line and you will be up and down like a *****'s drawers because those on the front row have to stand up and it causes every row to do the same. If that's difficult for you, go level 2.

Also, if it rains you get wet in anything lower than row M.

We are missing an absolute trick, believe me.

Get our execs out of their fecking blue sky thinking rooms and actually visit the suburbs of Manchester on any training night for junior football teams.

I have commented on this before and it's only becoming more prevalent. I live in the Trafford area between Sale and Alty and I take my ten-year-old season-ticket holder to training on a Thursday night.

There must be 300 kids training on said night and the City shirts easily outnumber United ones 2 to 1, all them wearing Sane and De Bruyne numbers.

My lad seems to be the only one who has been going since the age of three and when I talk to some of the parents, most wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the face but are quite happy to get their little darling the football kit of their choice each birthday or Christmas.

I decided to take a dozen of them to the EDS game against Liverpool at our place towards the end of the last season as a treat and they absolutely loved it and they made a right racket!!

It's a real shame, as when I was a teenager I could pay £3 and go with my mates at the drop of a hat.

Kids have so much disposable income these days and plenty of distractions and clubs outside of school.

These kids would go every week. United through Busby used to peddle free tickets through the Catholic schools and play up to their association with George Best.

Instead of getting school tours from America into games, City should be sending out thousands of free tickets each week to junior football clubs on the ground, the kids are there and the glory hunters are just waiting to be engaged more than simply wearing our colours.

Get our execs out of their fecking blue sky thinking rooms and actually visit the suburbs of Manchester on any training night for junior football teams.

I have commented on this before and it's only becoming more prevalent. I live in the Trafford area between Sale and Alty and I take my ten-year-old season-ticket holder to training on a Thursday night.

There must be 300 kids training on said night and the City shirts easily outnumber United ones 2 to 1, all them wearing Sane and De Bruyne numbers.

My lad seems to be the only one who has been going since the age of three and when I talk to some of the parents, most wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the face but are quite happy to get their little darling the football kit of their choice each birthday or Christmas.

I decided to take a dozen of them to the EDS game against Liverpool at our place towards the end of the last season as a treat and they absolutely loved it and they made a right racket!!

It's a real shame, as when I was a teenager I could pay £3 and go with my mates at the drop of a hat.

Kids have so much disposable income these days and plenty of distractions and clubs outside of school.

These kids would go every week. United through Busby used to peddle free tickets through the Catholic schools and play up to their association with George Best.

Instead of getting school tours from America into games, City should be sending out thousands of free tickets each week to junior football clubs on the ground, the kids are there and the glory hunters are just waiting to be engaged more than simply wearing our colours.

You must have the relevant email addy's,TH? Get em sent!

You must have the relevant email addy's,TH? Get em sent!

I suspect they would rather have 300 students paying discounted rates, than taking a complete hit on letting local kids being taken to games by their parents, many who could never consider going on a regular basis.

It's not rocket science, give 30 tickets to each junior club in the local district leagues for the season and the coaches within them can ensure that everyone gets a regular turn.

There's an entire lower family stand that could be handed over for this very purpose. I watched that Amazon doc and it was like a Happy Valley Rest home. If we're not careful, we will toss away this glorious opportunity the recent years of success have afforded us - we actually have thousands of young glory-hunting kids who wouldn't be seen dead associated with a team like United.

It kills some of their parents, do doubt, but even they can't begrudge them.

I suspect they would rather have 300 students paying discounted rates, than taking a complete hit on letting local kids being taken to games by their parents, many who could never consider going on a regular basis.

It's not rocket science, give 30 tickets to each junior club in the local district leagues for the season and the coaches within them can ensure that everyone gets a regular turn.

There's an entire lower family stand that could be handed over for this very purpose. I watched that Amazon doc and it was like a Happy Valley Rest home. If we're not careful, we will toss away this glorious opportunity the recent years of success have afforded us - we actually have thousands of young glory-hunting kids who wouldn't be seen dead associated with a team like United.

It kills some of their parents, do doubt, but even they can't begrudge them.

Already happens to a degree.

Loads of our complimentary seats are in the Family Stand lower year - CITC, schools etc.

That’s one of the reasons that area has more empty seats though, as not all of them are taken up.

The real game changer will be a tier of safe standing behind the goal with heavily discounted tickets for 16-24 year olds. That will bring the noise, atmosphere and create our support of the future.

I look forward to the season that empty seats become the norm at Old Trafford.

City are growing. They are declining. We've passed them on the pitch. Our paths will cross in many places off it.

It's already interesting that for many City fans rivalry towards Liverpool is starting to displace rivalry towards Utd.
The is a strong perception that during our wilderness years the main reason we still attracted strong crowds was as it was impossible to get tickets to watch a game at OT due to them being the glory team at the time. So dads took their kids to city, those kids are now parents themselves and struggle to get or afford tickets for the full family at the Etihad, if we are not carefull we could end up feeding our supporters to our neighbours as it will be easier to get tickets there so they will maintain a reasonable attendance

Totally this, I have vague recall of getting matchday tickets as a kid from tuart and def from big Joe (still laugh when I remember him driving a Datsun cherry he gave me a lift home in lol) at training regularly on evenings when they showed up at the park, even the United lads did this.

Always used to happen, and at a time when the gate receipts were more important, a lot more important in fact than they are now.

We want to keep the local support, we
Need to go back to this sort of thing, the global stuff will follow but let’s keep the heart and soul of the club intact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.