Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

OS seat planner for the Newcastle game. Now.

I know we are seeing the best football we willever likely see. There are no arguments there.

But £50 for an Adult ticket, regardless where you sit or stand, isn’t right.

Obviously some People will disagree with me. Fair enough.

Each stand, different tiers.

My maths is s***, but that’s nearly £100 for 2 Adult matchday tickets.

12_F2971_B-_E9_A5-4_E0_D-_AB1_E-8_A4_A5177_C72_F.png

7_A32_CC6_D-0003-4_B3_A-_BA29-40_A3886222_CF.png

8572_B25_A-_C8_F0-4_B3_F-_BB9_B-_FEF4_A38_E0846.png

[https://s33.postimg.cc/7a16d7rxb/8_B6_F5490-98_B3-4636-9_F4_B-767_C70_A48_E16.png
A78_C3_C95-_E23_E-4746-85_E1-_C1_F5_EB600697.png

BA256_E1_A-8393-4_D64-_B3_AC-_F06_E4_D3_A7_EE6.png

DF8_A8850-_D245-44_AE-94_AE-_EE3_FB66_C7389.png

NS expansion. 6000 extra seats. Bar a limited amount of cheap season tickets, do you think we will sell out at those ticket prices? And that’s if there’s no further season ticket and/or matchday ticket price increases until then, and after the NS is expanded.
Dont think anyone is disputing that prices could or probably should be cheaper. What some of us are saying is there isnt a link between prices and empty seats,. Did you click on those blocks ? I havent but would be surprised if you see more than odd seats scattered about. If a 2 or 3 or more want to go together they cant sit together. If there are empty seats that arent the odd seats on sale it will be allocated seats not filled for whatever reason.
So when we expand , yes there can be a discussion about prices but at least if blocks are left for matchday tickets then groups of mates can decide to sit together, or if new fans are given first dibs at the new seats before relocations then we can target groups of yonger mates getting seats together.
It's not as simple as prices, I'd guess most matchday ticket buyers are people like myself that come to 5 or 6 games or less and travel to games, maybe stay over, so the ticket costing £30 or £50 doesn't make any difference to the number of games I attend. That's not saying we'd like them cheaper though.

Dont think anyone is disputing that prices could or probably should be cheaper. What some of us are saying is there isnt a link between prices and empty seats,. Did you click on those blocks ? I havent but would be surprised if you see more than odd seats scattered about. If a 2 or 3 or more want to go together they cant sit together. If there are empty seats that arent the odd seats on sale it will be allocated seats not filled for whatever reason.
So when we expand , yes there can be a discussion about prices but at least if blocks are left for matchday tickets then groups of mates can decide to sit together, or if new fans are given first dibs at the new seats before relocations then we can target groups of yonger mates getting seats together.
It's not as simple as prices, I'd guess most matchday ticket buyers are people like myself that come to 5 or 6 games or less and travel to games, maybe stay over, so the ticket costing £30 or £50 doesn't make any difference to the number of games I attend. That's not saying we'd like them cheaper though.

To be honest I haven’t clicked on the blocks. You’re probably right about there not being many seats left, even with the match against Newcastle over a Week and a half away. Saying that, I used to be one of the OS seat counters and always checked the blocks for remaining seats. Then I got a life. :-)

And it’s fair to say City have a captive market atm, what with the football being played, and the recent release of ‘All Or Nothing’, which will probably go down as the best piece of club advertising ever, bar Sergio’s last minute PL winner, and the Tevez Welcome To Manchester banner.

So yes, City are definitely making hay while Pep’s Sun is shining. Sadly Pep’s Sun won’t shine forever at the Etihad. It’s probably then that City need to review season ticket and matchday ticket prices, because it won’t get better than Pep, and bar our hardcore, fair weather fans won’t pay £50 to watch a team that isn’t winning and playing attractive football. Cough! Across the city. ;-)

Last edited:
50 quid is way too much. 30 quid adults and 15 quid kids. Then more local fans could come.

It’s probably then that City need to review season ticket and matchday ticket prices, because it won’t get better than Pep
You don't know that, and in any case its not about it getting better, its about being consistent, being consistent could be winning the PL by 5 points getting 85, long term success won't leave us when Pep leaves, because we have an owner that will ensure it, it might get harder to win things, but harder might actually attract more people, as it will be closer, and if we're still winning closer titles, it will for many be more exciting.

You don't know that, and in any case its not about it getting better, its about being consistent, being consistent could be winning the PL by 5 points getting 85, long term success won't leave us when Pep leaves, because we have an owner that will ensure it, it might get harder to win things, but harder might actually attract more people, as it will be closer, and if we're still winning closer titles, it will for many be more exciting.

I do. We all do. It won’t get any better than Pep. Just like at United, it won’t get any better than Ferguson. Not in my lifetime, anyway. ;-)

Yes, we’ll always be there or there abouts from now on. But if we’re going to expand the Etihad, and want to fill it as much as possible, we need to be in or around the top 2 every season. Being 3rd or 4th and off the pace isn’t going to attract fair weather fans, who do take up the slack at City, even at £50 a ticket.

That aside, we need to be attracting more young fans of all ages and local people. They are more likely to stick around if our success tails off, than some fair weather fans.

Agreed it is, but people are paying it.

But that isn't going to happen, apart from cup games, and the very least attractive PL games.

£50 is the Pep effect.

£50 isn’t the Stuart Pearce effect.

We’re maybe just one Managerial appointment mistake from a long and hard way back for the club. Ask United. Moyes, Van Gaal, Giggs, Mourinho, who’s next?

Last edited:
I do. We all do. It won’t get any better than Pep. Just like at United, it won’t get any better than Ferguson. Not in my lifetime, anyway. ;-)

Yes, we’ll always be there or there abouts from now on. But if we’re going to expand the Etihad, and want to fill it as much as possible, we need to be in or around the top 2 every season. Being 3rd or 4th and off the pace isn’t going to attract fair weather fans, who do take up the slack at City, even at £50 a ticket.

That aside, we need to be attracting more young fans of all ages and local people. They are more likely to stick around if our success tails off, than some fair weather fans.
Did you actually read any of my post, or just the first four words ?

This.

For many supporters the cost of travel far outweighs ticket price so attendance is limited by time and money. Matchday tickets for bigger home games are impossible unless at a big premium or with a hospitality package at £100+. If you attend 5-6 games or even less in normal seating then a £300 season card becomes an attractive option giving a guaranteed seat including premium games at no extra cost but resulting in perceived empty seats. I pay for membership of a City Supporters Club but can only get tickets for the low ranked games because of allocations and demand. Half my tickets games are from other fans or clubs in the case of away games. Getting 2 seats together is never easy.

Wembley is an hour by train and tube for me and I have never had problems getting tickets through a variety of channels. It is the reverse experience for local Manchester supporters. Because of the availabilty of tickets it attracts occassional matchday supporters and tourists. What I have recently noticed at these Wembley games is the number of families with kids on a day out together, women and ethnic groups especially black, Asian and Chinese in comparison with the Etihad?

There needs to be greater flexibility to accomodate these groups as well as people like myself who are lifetime fans who cannot get to more games. Little thought was given to seat allocation when we moved to the Etihad. Extension of the North Stand will give new options. I would like to see safe standing, reallocating family stand blocks, introducing U 24 prices and creating group friendly matchday blocks where tickets are discounted or say include a pie and drink for a multiple booking.

Corporate hospitalty is important but dwarfed by commercial and media revenue driven by atmosphere as well as success. Traditional local fans are fortunate that they can regularly attend games. Many travel long distances home and away. Our global growth means new fans may only attend as a once in a lifetime experience.

We are privileged to be watching City play some of the best football ever. It is hard to appreciate what has been achieved the past 10 years and the project is still not complete. City have shown the way on so many levels. I hope the North Stand extension is used to lead the way in terms of availabilty, pricing and engaging the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.