Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

They started the South Stand works February 2014 I think. The stand was usable for the first home game against Chelsea in the summer of 2015.

Maybe they could be ready for February 2023 but wouldn’t be surprised if it was the year after.
They're likely to be replacing E & W stand roofs this time around though at the same time and junking the cablenet system entirely. It will be more complicated and time consuming without doubt.

Bet you any money you want that EL3 will be just as crap as it always has been.

I'm not expecting much, you could serve free Champagne but the muppets behind the bars who work at the slowest speed possible would barely serve a bottle at half-time. They really need a process study to increase throughput and have pint only areas for quicker service.

I'm not expecting much, you could serve free Champagne but the muppets behind the bars who work at the slowest speed possible would barely serve a bottle at half-time. They really need a process study to increase throughput and have pint only areas for quicker service.
Need the 70s management team from The Gardeners Arms, Moston. Very efficient at serving the mid-day Greengate Harriers !!

Last edited:
They're likely to be replacing E & W stand roofs this time around though at the same time and junking the cablenet system entirely. It will be more complicated and time consuming without doubt.
very unlikely they'll touch the cablenet at this time and also not recorded anywhere in any approved plans associated with the North stand changes

very unlikely they'll touch the cablenet at this time and also not recorded anywhere in any approved plans associated with the North stand changes
Fair enough, I'd convinced myself that the cablenet would be removed at the same time as the North stand was started. It's going to be another hodgepodge in the corners again then.

December 2023.

Got talking to 2 construction managers on Joe Mercer Way before I took the last set of pictures. Won't name the company.

Told it's still on schedule, but it's a little tight.

Big push coming soon across the site

Walls starting to go up internally.

2 cranes will be erected in October.

The massive roof strusses will be craned into place in November. They were both looking forward to seeing that. Said it will be spectacular.

External cladding also going on in November.
winter break will help, I'd imagine

December 2023.

Got talking to 2 construction managers on Joe Mercer Way before I took the last set of pictures. Won't name the company.

Told it's still on schedule, but it's a little tight.

Big push coming soon across the site

Walls starting to go up internally.

2 cranes will be erected in October.

The massive roof strusses will be craned into place in November. They were both looking forward to seeing that. Said it will be spectacular.

External cladding also going on in November.
My information regarding timings are similar but as previously mentioned the stand will include a hotel , apparently the bottom of the stand outside pushes out more .
I’m personally involved with the electrical infrastructure which will start possibly during the world cup this year .

My information regarding timings are similar but as previously mentioned the stand will include a hotel , apparently the bottom of the stand outside pushes out more .
I’m personally involved with the electrical infrastructure which will start possibly during the world cup this year .

Thanks for the snippets.

Apologies. Just to clarify. Electrical infastructure for the arena or futre North stand? (expansion)

Found this picture of the temp stand during the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Shows how close it was to the souvenier store.

A good shot of the roof cable system.

22E92836-994B-48EA-A871-FADE4CE4612F.jpeg

Enlarged. A bit grainy.

55FB0CE4-6F51-4EE9-912E-0BF07DE29CF9.jpeg

I'll upload the other pictures later on with credit. Just got to find them again. So absolute crackers showing the temp stand being built, and the exterior of the Etihad after construction had been finished.

Last edited:
If we finished a seasons home games late April, could we build a temp structure to support the roof snip the cable next and dissemble the current roof over a summer?

if so we could take a season to build whatever we want to behind current structures and make the stands exactly as we want. Grim I guess for us fans in the elements for a season but ultimately worth it.

I suppose if this is possible It then I guess it Comes down to if the owners want to invest that much on the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.