Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

very unlikely they'll touch the cablenet at this time and also not recorded anywhere in any approved plans associated with the North stand changes
Was there a hotel shown in the expansion plans? Can't say I can remember one, if not and they have now got plans for one then I guess all options are on the table.

Thanks for the snippets.

Apologies. Just to clarify. Electrical infastructure for the arena or futre North stand? (expansion)

Found this picture of the temp stand during the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Shows how close it was to the souvenier store.

A good shot of the roof cable system.

View attachment 52066

Enlarged. A bit grainy.

View attachment 52067

I'll upload the other pictures later on with credit. Just got to find them again. So absolute crackers showing the temp stand being built, and the exterior of the Etihad after construction had been finished.

Was there a hotel shown in the expansion plans? Can't say I can remember one, if not and they have now got plans for one then I guess all options are on the table.
On one of the early plans the running track and tennis centre weren't there. Running track proposal was to go to Ten Acre Lane and the racket stuff to go near the Velodrome. The image I remember had a hotel connecting to the stand in the North East corner. Tourist packages with padded seats...

Thanks for the snippets.

Apologies. Just to clarify. Electrical infastructure for the arena or futre North stand? (expansion)

Found this picture of the temp stand during the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Shows how close it was to the souvenier store.

A good shot of the roof cable system.

View attachment 52066

Enlarged. A bit grainy.

View attachment 52067

I'll upload the other pictures later on with credit. Just got to find them again. So absolute crackers showing the temp stand being built, and the exterior of the Etihad after construction had been finished.
The original electrical infrastructure was as you know back in early 2000’s , the HV is being upgraded possibly in the World Cup and LV I’m hoping to do next year . The upgrade is to give enough supply to the total site including the new stand , I’ve not seen any detail but reliably informed we plan a hotel in the stand but also other projects around the old Mercedes dealership.

Ermm a huge indoor tennis centre as well. Could the track stadium be converted into a indoor stadium?

IMG_2031.png
There was a concept pic floating around years ago of the Campus. Most of the ideas were completely scrapped. The only current planning condition for the North Stand is for a replica of the South Stand.

Will be inevitable that hotels and more leisure will follow.
I was at the New Islington area at the weekend and was amazed how much that area has developed.
Gorgeous spot (and Ancoats is thriving).
Very different from when we lived in a upstairs maisonette on Butler Street in the late 60s and early 70s.

Will be inevitable that hotels and more leisure will follow.
I was at the New Islington area at the weekend and was amazed how much that area has developed.
Gorgeous spot (and Ancoats is thriving).
Agreed. Had some great afternoons popping from place to place around those areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.