Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I bet West Ham wish they could convert their ground properly and get rid of the running track and temporary stands. The people in charge of building what was then the City of Manchester stadium did a very good job of building something that wasn’t going to turn into a white elephant like so many Olympic Venues.

Didn’t Howard Bernstein, Chief Exec of Manchester City Council have a lot of involvement in the deal?

He’s a big blue of course!

Didn’t Howard Bernstein, Chief Exec of Manchester City Council have a lot of involvement in the deal?

He’s a big blue of course!

Think he did, I remember the intertoto cup game against Total Network solutions at what was then the City of Manchester stadium. I was in awe of this stadium we had with no bits missing in the corners and all the stands matching. Tickets that you scanned yourself at the turnstiles, it was witchcraft.

I never take our stadium for granted compared to what we had at Maine Road, it’s a thing a of beauty and one of the first landmarks people see arriving at Piccadilly train station is the South Stand towering over Beswick. Looks better than that shit cow shed in Stretford.

Think he did, I remember the intertoto cup game against Total Network solutions at what was then the City of Manchester stadium. I was in awe of this stadium we had with no bits missing in the corners and all the stands matching. Tickets that you scanned yourself at the turnstiles, it was witchcraft.

I never take our stadium for granted compared to what we had at Maine Road, it’s a thing a of beauty and one of the first landmarks people see arriving at Piccadilly train station is the South Stand towering over Beswick. Looks better than that shit cow shed in Stretford.
Get the south stand done and the exterior done properly ( Led illuminated etc) and our stadium is stunning and is up with the very best.

I remember in the first season at CoMS when we played, I think it was Southampton at home, and I walked past one of their fans who was on their mobile talking to someone and I overheard them say “the stadium is absolutely f’n amazing”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.