Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Our stadium is better than most, but go to Spurs new stadium (not as an away fan) and you'll soon realise our stadium is very last-generation now. We could be so much better.

That’s because it is last generation compared with Spurs’ - 20 years older in fact. Every new stadium will be better than the last one built. However, ours is streets ahead of most - especially those that haven’t been built from scratch & are just modernised “Maine Roads” or simply just red rat infested swamps

That’s because it is last generation compared with Spurs’ - 20 years older in fact. Every new stadium will be better than the last one built. However, ours is streets ahead of most - especially those that haven’t been built from scratch & are just modernised “Maine Roads” or simply just red rat infested swamps
Yes, absolutely agree, going to Villa is like going back 100 years, Old Toilet is a cramped dump, in many respects we have a cracking stadium but we built a new South stand in the last few years and missed the opportunity to bring one end of the stadium up to the latest stadium quality. We can't miss the opportunity for the North Stand expansion.

Spurs stadium is one of the loudest I've ever been in. It may be the position of the away fans but it feels like you are surrounded by a wall of noise. And that South Stand is really impressive.

Still, it's in an absolute toilet of a place with shit transport links and Spurs play there, so you can't have everything.

My mate and I who regularly attend games took another friend and his son Saturday, it was their first time at the Etihad and they were blown away. The dad (a Reading season ticket holder) said it’s the best ground he’s ever been to. The facilities and everything they were amazed with. His son is a city fan and is an example of kids now growing up wanting to support City was just how I was when I first went to Maine Road.

I think we don’t have much to complain about. We do most things right! The stadium is beautiful, all stadiums can be slightly improved yes but ours is the best ;)
Some of us miserable gits like to moan about the transport links, the crap food, and long queues for beer (all valid complaints) but I think it is generally a fantastic stadium for families and children and it makes more sense in the long-term to attract these fans for the future. The feedback I get from neutrals is they think the Etihad is fantastic compared to other stadiums. I also think our atmosphere is as good as anywhere when we get up for a match. Anfield was like a library when they were struggling on Monday night.

Spurs stadium is one of the loudest I've ever been in. It may be the position of the away fans but it feels like you are surrounded by a wall of noise. And that South Stand is really impressive.

Still, it's in an absolute toilet of a place with shit transport links and Spurs play there, so you can't have everything.
I agree 100 per cent with this. It really was rocking when they beat us last season. Hugely impressive and much noisier than White Hart Lane whatever anyone says. I have been in noisier grounds abroad though like Aris, Poznan, and Seville but not the tourist spots like the Camp Nou or Allianz Arena.

It's also in the CCZ, ULEZ, LEZ and the TFZ (trophy free zone)

The huge stand behind the goal has definitely helped to improve the atmosphere at the new Spurs stadium. The first season wasn't that good as Spurs fans were getting used to the new stadium. Now the fans are settled in, the atmosphere is much better.

Let's be honest, as a rule City fans are more vocal than Spurs fans and have more chants. So you can imagine if a similar stand in size and depth, single or double tiered was built where the NS is now, what the atmosphere would be like at the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.