Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Shame we have no Manchester based RL team now Manchester Rangers closed down for a 2nd time
Shit from the RFL that, made no sense.

Rangers had the finances to compete in Super League long term, had links to half a dozen local schools plus Manchester uni and Man Met, in the four years from 2012-2016 Manchester saw player numbers for rugby league quadruple (nearly 50 players turned up for trials one Summer), they were getting 350 fans attending games in the seventh tier…

They had the proposals in place and met all the requirements to play in the third tier and put in their application for Championship 1 to which the RFL refused Manchester’s licence (despite the RFL moving to the site where this team played) in favour of backing Toronto Wolfpack and other North American franchises who are now nowhere to be seen.

If Rangers had been given 25 years to develop from Championship 1, they’d have been a fine and thriving club who could have been a steady Super League club.

Click to enlarge.

James_photo_music - instagram

872-B71-E0-351-F-41-BF-849-C-C33-EA71-AC784.jpg[\Img]

Shit from the RFL that, made no sense.

Rangers had the finances to compete in Super League long term, had links to half a dozen local schools plus Manchester uni and Man Met, in the four years from 2012-2016 Manchester saw player numbers for rugby league quadruple (nearly 50 players turned up for trials one Summer), they were getting 350 fans attending games in the seventh tier…

They had the proposals in place and met all the requirements to play in the third tier and put in their application for Championship 1 to which the RFL refused Manchester’s licence (despite the RFL moving to the site where this team played) in favour of backing Toronto Wolfpack and other North American franchises who are now nowhere to be seen.

If Rangers had been given 25 years to develop from Championship 1, they’d have been a fine and thriving club who could have been a steady Super League club.

a shame isn’t it

Yes but Soriano said it would be done so we are past the feasibility stage, and must be at the design and make up part of deciding as well as the when to start.
No idea I didn’t push it as we were busy playing tennis
He just mentioned £1 m for a feasibility study 2 tier and hotel
Maybe it’s just re jigging the original plan
I will see what more I can glean this weekend

No idea I didn’t push it as we were busy playing tennis
He just mentioned £1 m for a feasibility study 2 tier and hotel
Maybe it’s just re jigging the original plan
I will see what more I can glean this weekend
Yes, maybe a look into the make up , if a hotel or any corporate part of it being considered, rather than whether to go ahead with any expansion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.