Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Chelsea have 2 Hotels. Think 1 is part of the stadium, and the other Hotel is next to the stadium? From what I remember the Hotels haven't made a profit. Stand corrected on that. Chelsea were going to demolish the Hotels as part of the proposed new stadium, which never happened.

View attachment 53818

g-2.jpg

Millenium & Copthorne. Technically two hotes, one is attached to the back of the stand and one is 10 meters away (Not attached). Stayed a few times (non match days) and its quiet. Having 100's of dates with Football, Rugby, Stadium gigs and Gigs at the new arena, would need a lot of hotel rooms.... Plus all other amenities. Lets hope this leads to the transport situation being improved.

any ideas on what drinks they have on offer?

We keep walking past and wonder
Not the best beers and service can be a bit slow but compared to inside the ground its OK, been in a couple of times over the years, especially when they banned beer elsewhere on European nights
Not much seating or places to rest your pint, you end up just standing about

Ikkle ol Manny looking like a US city.
Definitely in the big league (again) now.

Not sure about building the hotel into the stadium though....doing no good for my OCD.

Plenty of towers currently under construction and to come. Renaker at the forefront with other property developers either building towers or proposing towers.

Chelsea have 2 Hotels. Think 1 is part of the stadium, and the other Hotel is next to the stadium? From what I remember the Hotels haven't made a profit. Stand corrected on that. Chelsea were going to demolish the Hotels as part of the proposed new stadium, which never happened.

View attachment 53818

g-2.jpg

WTF that ?? Looks like its made out of matchsticks.

Plenty of towers currently under construction and to come. Renaker at the forefront with other property developers either building towers or proposing towers.
Yeah JRB - I like to keep on top of what's going up in Manchester.
Deansgate Sq and surrounds is starting to look very special, then the stuff going in around Greengate in Salford and the Trinity stuff (groundworks started there?)

God knows how much the current malaise of this country will stem the developments (and leisure side of things) however.

Yeah JRB - I like to keep on top of what's going up in Manchester.
Deansgate Sq and surrounds is starting to look very special, then the stuff going in around Greengate in Salford and the Trinity stuff (groundworks started there?)

God knows how much the current malaise of this country will stem the developments (and leisure side of things) however.

That’s my only concern. Recession, inflation, interest rate rises, cost of living, etc. Looks like another economic downturn/cycle is looming.

Thankfully foreign property investment is still pouring into Manchester. Especially from Hong Kongers who have recently moved to Manchester and are investing in property.

Manchester’s numerous property development companies and international development companies are still pressing ahead with their residential and office developments and proposals.

Hopefully Manchester can weather the economic storm ahead and come through it relatively unscathed?

That’s my only concern. Recession, inflation, interest rate rises, cost of living, etc. Looks like another economic downturn/cycle is looming.

Thankfully foreign property investment is still pouring into Manchester. Especially from Hong Kongers who have recently moved to Manchester and are investing in property.

Manchester’s numerous property development companies and international development companies are still pressing ahead with their residential and office developments and proposals.

Hopefully Manchester can weather the economic storm ahead and come through it relatively unscathed?
Probably more so than most cities/areas outside of London but christ knows mate.
It's such a busy, vibrant city these days. Amazed how much Ancoats and New Islington has developed (was down at the Marina a couple of weekends ago).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.