Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

So... get groups of tickets out to local club teams and secure the next generation of City fans who can play football Saturday morning then come to a game and dream of playing for the club one day. Looks like we have a great plan.

So when does construction start?

Alongside the kids, what about setting aside 500 seats each game for the unemployed or sick?

I know Gary Naismith when he was at Everton asked for some of his weekly salary to be deducted so 200 unemployed people could attend for a while.

Alongside the kids, what about setting aside 500 seats each game for the unemployed or sick?

I know Gary Naismith when he was at Everton asked for some of his weekly salary to be deducted so 200 unemployed people could attend for a while.

I work my arse off to afford my tickets. I wouldn’t expect someone not doing so to walk in for free.

If we’re letting in the unemployed for free, why stop there? How about people actually working and earning below a certain amount. Are they not more deserving?

Anyway, end of discussion as pointed out by a mod.

Personally think the interior/bowl of the stadium will look immense once the North Stand is completed.

Think most of us now are expecting no surprises regarding the site and by the word on here, we should expect announcements in the few years on:

1. A North Stand expansion.
2. More sporting/educational type facilities.
3. Retail/Hotel etc

The dreams of something big like museums/arenas/water or amusement parks etc seemed to die a long time ago. City and the owners (and I commend them for this) seem intent on doing the right thing for sport with the plans. The only little hope I have is that they plan to get the ASDA site for something mind-blowing. We can be grateful whatever happens.

Think most of us now are expecting no surprises regarding the site and by the word on here, we should expect announcements in the few years on:

1. A North Stand expansion.
2. More sporting/educational type facilities.
3. Retail/Hotel etc

The dreams of something big like museums/arenas/water or amusement parks etc seemed to die a long time ago. City and the owners (and I commend them for this) seem intent on doing the right thing for sport with the plans. The only little hope I have is that they plan to get the ASDA site for something mind-blowing. We can be grateful whatever happens.

I think Asda will be part of the training ground within 10 years.

I think Asda will be part of the training ground within 10 years.
Personally I'd love that area to be public use. Like being turned into a sort of Powerleague type facility. Keeping the existing building for indoor pitches and gym. And outdoor pitches where the carpark is. The training ground sends the message that it's a sporting area. But it'd be great seeing the public playing football in the shadow of the stadium 24/7.

While the extension to the South Stand was being built. I was in Mac d's a few years back, and he said that the extension to the North Stand was supposed to start 2/3 years after the south Stand was finished. It now looks like this is on the back burner.

With more clubs in the premier League now building extensions to their grounds and going over our capacity, it won't be long before they will over takes us in buying the top players. So I think that the club should look to increase the capacity of the North Stand as soon as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.