Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

While the extension to the South Stand was being built. I was in Mac d's a few years back, and he said that the extension to the North Stand was supposed to start 2/3 years after the south Stand was finished. It now looks like this is on the back burner.

With more clubs in the premier League now building extensions to their grounds and going over our capacity, it won't be long before they will over takes us in buying the top players. So I think that the club should look to increase the capacity of the North Stand as soon as possible.

interesting post.I can only think of 1 club who are increasing capacity - Spurs. to 61,000.
Rags are at 75,000 - Arse are 60,000 - WHU are 57,000(less a few) - City are 55,000 - 'Pool are at 53,000.
Have I missed something , not having read the whole thread , recently.
Thanks

interesting post.I can only think of 1 club who are increasing capacity - Spurs. to 61,000.
Rags are at 75,000 - Arse are 60,000 - WHU are 57,000(less a few) - City are 55,000 - 'Pool are at 53,000.
Thanks

Rags be down to 72.500k they have to have more disabled places don’t know when that’s happening it’s a rule by the premier but they probably got a lot of leeway by the premier when that’s got to happen.

Rags be down to 72.500k they have to have more disabled places don’t know when that’s happening it’s a rule by the premier but they probably got a lot of leeway by the premier when that’s got to happen.

They only got 73 vs Leicester - started to make some of the changes already. The stand is happening - and I believe end of this season.

They only got 73 vs Leicester - started to make some of the changes already. The stand is happening - and I believe end of this season.
When you say end of this season, would that be a February start and similar timescale to the South Stand so ready for 20/21 season?

When you say end of this season, would that be a February start and similar timescale to the South Stand so ready for 20/21 season?

Not sure mate - when I read the post on here last week I spoke to someone I know and he said things have ramped up for it starting recently. That's as much as I know. City staff incredibly good at keeping things close to chest!

Not sure mate - when I read the post on here last week I spoke to someone I know and he said things have ramped up for it starting recently. That's as much as I know. City staff incredibly good at keeping things close to chest!
Thanks, would seem a bit strange if they give it a green light not to try and get it done and give them time to have it ready for the start of 20/21

Thanks
Well Utd had plans to go to 85k and put those on hold - so they could back Mourinho's ambitious transfer spending plans. So make of that what you will.

Everton have plans for a new stadium. West Ham have talked about expanding the ground. Chelsea had /have plans. Liverpool like us are between expansions. Last time fulham were in the Premier League they were about to expand. Plans got knocked on head by relegation.

Whilst match-day revenue is <<<< than commercial and broadcasting income, it's still significant and there's still a big gap between City and Utd. This is very significant when you consider the equality in TV and Broadcasting deals. On one level you might say, "agh Match day income is nothing compared to TV', but if all the clubs are getting a similar TV contract then match day revenue is the difference. (yes i know there's commercial income too). I just wouldn't dismiss it.

You are absolutely spot on, there is a huge market within a 20 mile radius if not more from the Etihad and even the most myopic Rag wouldn’t admit the massive sea change in the number of kids wearing City shirts.

We have missed generations of support before hence the low numbers of fans in the 18-30 age bracket, you only have to look around you At games home and away and look at the various visual blogs out there to see how few we have compared to other clubs which although isn’t a given must contribute to the lack of atmosphere.

There appears to be a neglect and a real lack of vision when it comes to attracting local fans, we should be hammering the local schools with tickets for Cup games, players visits, coaching and raising the awareness. We could even branch out into deepest Cheshire, the Peak District, south Lancashire and possibly even venture into areas without or having very few football clubs on their doorstep like Shropshire, Cumbria and the Scottish Borders. However great the football is there doesn’t seem to be many outward signs of fervour for some reason whether that’s related to the aeging fan base I don’t know.

Get the extension up, reduce the prices and get out and about spreading the word and invite people back into the fold and get the uninitiated on board.
Spot on.

I work at a school in Wythenshawe and haven’t seen anyone with a City badge walk through our door for eight years or so. The school is crawling with Blues. If they came down and gave away ‘X?’ tickets away for a Cup game it would go down a storm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.