Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It’s not only membership, they want your Email, Twitter, Facebook, and any other piece of personal details to bombard you with sponsors, merchandise, offers, etc.
Not true; they only have my email and never asked for the other social media accounts. The personal details are hardly exceptional given I'm a season ticket holders. You can opt out of marketing; if you couldn't they'd be in big trouble. The club has faults but this is just hyperbole.

Reactions: CC1
Not true; they only have my email and never asked for the other social media accounts. The personal details are hardly exceptional given I'm a season ticket holders. You can opt out of marketing; if you couldn't they'd be in big trouble. The club has faults but this is just hyperbole.

Correction.

City want or would like you to use their social media platforms.

As a rule I don’t do social media bar a couple of forums. This and SSC.

However, I’ve done a few of those City surveys via my email. Just for the hell of it.

Most contain questions about whether I use City’s social media sites, which one’s, how often I use them, etc.

As I kept on replying never, I don’t get those surveys anymore.

I appreciate young City fans live for social Media.

Man City Facebook numbers. 35,310,062 people like this

philiph20 said:
You are absolutely spot on, there is a huge market within a 20 mile radius if not more from the Etihad and even the most myopic Rag wouldn’t admit the massive sea change in the number of kids wearing City shirts.

We have missed generations of support before hence the low numbers of fans in the 18-30 age bracket, you only have to look around you At games home and away and look at the various visual blogs out there to see how few we have compared to other clubs which although isn’t a given must contribute to the lack of atmosphere.

There appears to be a neglect and a real lack of vision when it comes to attracting local fans, we should be hammering the local schools with tickets for Cup games, players visits, coaching and raising the awareness. We could even branch out into deepest Cheshire, the Peak District, south Lancashire and possibly even venture into areas without or having very few football clubs on their doorstep like Shropshire, Cumbria and the Scottish Borders. However great the football is there doesn’t seem to be many outward signs of fervour for some reason whether that’s related to the aeging fan base I don’t know.

Get the extension up, reduce the prices and get out and about spreading the word and invite people back into the fold and get the uninitiated on board.
Spot on.

I work at a school in Wythenshawe and haven’t seen anyone with a City badge walk through our door for eight years or so. The school is crawling with Blues. If they came down and gave away ‘X?’ tickets away for a Cup game it would go down a storm.

What this suggests to me is that what others have said regarding the match day revenue not being of great significance to the major teams, is true.
I think if you look at the elite globally, it doesn't seem to bother them who walks through their turn-stiles. Truth is a day tourist will probably spend more in the shop anyway.
I think the big money is in TV and worldwide sponsorship and the top clubs could probably survive comfortably on that alone.

I agree with all of above though. If you want to secure the future support and create an atmosphere worth talking about, you need to secure the 18-30 year old fanbase.
You want to attract as many of this demographic as possible and you need to make it possible for them all to be together.i.e. safe standing, first come best spot.
That is how you create a noise.

We have to get used to the idea that the regular, match-going fan is nothing but an inconvenience to the Club. They've already adapted to it and spend the money and the PR keeping the cushion-plumping TV watchers around the world happy.
We used to hear that they didn't like empty seats, late arrivers and early leavers. They put a few ideas in place (remember the vouchers with season tickets?) but they were all shortlived. They seem to have finally given up on us now.
Thankfully this is the best football we've ever seen, the main reason to go through the turnstiles.

We have to get used to the idea that the regular, match-going fan is nothing but an inconvenience to the Club. They've already adapted to it and spend the money and the PR keeping the cushion-plumping TV watchers around the world happy.
We used to hear that they didn't like empty seats, late arrivers and early leavers. They put a few ideas in place (remember the vouchers with season tickets?) but they were all shortlived. They seem to have finally given up on us now.
Thankfully this is the best football we've ever seen, the main reason to go through the turnstiles.[/QUOTE]

This is why I can't understand why people consistently arrive late and leave early including half time.

While the extension to the South Stand was being built. I was in Mac d's a few years back, and he said that the extension to the North Stand was supposed to start 2/3 years after the south Stand was finished. It now looks like this is on the back burner.

With more clubs in the premier League now building extensions to their grounds and going over our capacity, it won't be long before they will over takes us in buying the top players. So I think that the club should look to increase the capacity of the North Stand as soon as possible.
Every Premier League club could give away their SeasonCards for free to everyone and still be absolutely rolling in money.

We have say 45000 SC holders. Say the average is £800, that’s just £36m. Never mind any sponsorship deals that any club gets because there’s a large disparity bestween the top and bottom in that respect but the TV revenue deal clubs get is three times City’s SC income.

Ticket money is so small to the overall income these days that the clubs need to start being fair and sensible to their loyal support instead of being greedy and feeding off them for that little bit more just to justify some back room staff’s job when he takes his papers in to the end of year review when he says “this year I’ve milked and extra £2.2m off the fans, can I get my bonus?!”

Every Premier League club could give away their SeasonCards for free to everyone and still be absolutely rolling in money.

We have say 45000 SC holders. Say the average is £800, that’s just £36m. Never mind any sponsorship deals that any club gets because there’s a large disparity bestween the top and bottom in that respect but the TV revenue deal clubs get is three times City’s SC income.

Ticket money is so small to the overall income these days that the clubs need to start being fair and sensible to their loyal support instead of being greedy and feeding off them for that little bit more just to justify some back room staff’s job when he takes his papers in to the end of year review when he says “this year I’ve milked and extra £2.2m off the fans, can I get my bonus?!”
That's not true though we made a £1 mill profit last year, this year will be more but I bet it won't be anywhere near £36 mill. So we need ticket income as it's the difference between profit and loss at the moment , and between passing and failinf FFP. Maybe in a few years it won't but I wouldn't count on it.

That's not true though we made a £1 mill profit last year, this year will be more but I bet it won't be anywhere near £36 mill. So we need ticket income as it's the difference between profit and loss at the moment , and between passing and failinf FFP. Maybe in a few years it won't but I wouldn't count on it.
Or maybe just another sponsor, being who we currently are they shouldn't be hard to get that's without the monies wasted (although not quite as much now we've got away from Yaya) on wages hell, even better catering done by an in-house team rather than casual labour would improve the figures.

Or maybe just another sponsor, being who we currently are they shouldn't be hard to get that's without the monies wasted (although not quite as much now we've got away from Yaya) on wages hell, even better catering done by an in-house team rather than casual labour would improve the figures.
I'm sure we have people looking for new sponsors all the time, maybe in the future we'll get to a point where we don't rely on ticket sales but we aren't there yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.