Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Hence why the club should have redeveloped and expanded the North stand years ago. Or even better, straight after redeveloping and expanding the South stand. The cranes could have been moved straightaway.

View attachment 56364

I feel safe standing will be increased first and then the north stand after,
but looking at the summer 2023 we have concerts booked, so any work will be start after that, so it could be 2024/25 before we could have 60.000 plus crowds

Based on all known information I’d imagine an early 2024 start date with completion in the summer of 2025. This would be a similar timescale as the South Stand development and see the North Stand finished 10 years after the former was concluded.

I feel safe standing will be increased first and then the north stand after,
but looking at the summer 2023 we have concerts booked, so any work will be start after that, so it could be 2024/25 before we could have 60.000 plus crowds
We had concerts the first summer while the South stand was being extended it was only the summer before it opened there were no concerts. I don't expect them to begin before the arena is finished though.I'm expecting them to start early 24, and be ready for 25/26.

Went to Munich this week. Got some pictures of the Olympic Park, the Olympic Stadium, and the Olympic tower from the top of the hill, which is the highest point in Munich.

Folly or not, it would be good to have a viewing tower/platform on the Etihad Campus as it would afford great views of the Etihad Stadium, the CFA, the city centre skyline, and Gtr Manchester. It would make a great tourist attraction.

I’ll post the pictures when I sort my phone out.
I visited Croke Park the GAA’s ‘Wembley’ in Dublin for work a few years ago. Part of the tour included a trip around a walkway on the roof of the stadium, affording amazing views over the city. It is open to the public as a tourist attraction for a fee.
Interestingly, it was at the time sponsored by Etihad, though it has since been replaced by Kellogs

We all know how it works. ;-)

I appreciate you can’t and won’t name your source.

But, can you at least tell us if the information came from a person inside or outside the club? If not, OK.

Thanks.
Just posted in good faith what I was told from someone outside the club that day. They are fairly close to the project. Incidentally, there is also a commercial building within the structure as well I am told (maybe a new city store). I didn’t know the level of common knowledge about the project within the thread as I’ve not read the entire thread, so just put it out there.

Just posted in good faith what I was told from someone outside the club that day. They are fairly close to the project. Incidentally, there is also a commercial building within the structure as well I am told (maybe a new city store). I didn’t know the level of common knowledge about the project within the thread as I’ve not read the entire thread, so just put it out there.
Appreciate any news in here!

Appreciate any news in here!
I have done a number of jobs for someone who works at City, he is in a senior management role. Over the years he has only told me three things about City, he told me that City's interest in Ronaldo was never really serious because they were suspicions that they were being played by his agent. Secondly, they were very confident they had Halaands signature in the bag for about three months before the opening of the transfer window by swore me to secrecy. Finally, the North stand extension will go ahead after the Co-op Live is completed. Despite my best efforts this only information I have been able to get out of him

I visited Croke Park the GAA’s ‘Wembley’ in Dublin for work a few years ago. Part of the tour included a trip around a walkway on the roof of the stadium, affording amazing views over the city. It is open to the public as a tourist attraction for a fee.
Used to be known as the Etihad Skyline

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.